• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"T/A Container Chassis" Gaston, SC to Monteagle, TN.

DMax82

Hey there, I am looking at some of these coming up for auction. Would love to get an idea of what transport would cost. I see that the GVWR is 57k. I also see them stacked three high in the auction photos. It would be super cool if three could be towed at once.

So I reckon looking for a quote for hauling either 1,2, or 3, depending on how many can be hauled at once. If transport is reasonable these could be perfect for a project I have in mind.

Auction is February 24 and it looks like 8 business days to remove.

Thanks! David

unitedstatesoffreight

Hey there, I am looking at some of these coming up for auction. Would love to get an idea of what transport would cost. I see that the GVWR is 57k. I also see them stacked three high in the auction photos. It would be super cool if three could be towed at once.

So I reckon looking for a quote for hauling either 1,2, or 3, depending on how many can be hauled at once. If transport is reasonable these could be perfect for a project I have in mind.

Auction is February 24 and it looks like 8 business days to remove.

Thanks! David
I'd be more than happy to help out. I have had multiple trailers stacked and towed away for guys. Do you happen to have a link to the auction or pictures of the chassis? That way I can quote you accurately for 1,2 or 3 of these. Feel free to contact me directly at 484-431-9509 or email nick@unitedstatesoffreight.com.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
They don't let you just tow them off the lot there. One time they let us drive away 2 stacked. The next time they made us put em on a flatbed. It just depends on who the yard person is.

It is a standard containers trailer. 3 high drive away is fine. Some are dayton hubs that may not have been survived recently

Last edited:

DMax82

DMax82

They don't let you just tow them off the lot there. One time they let us drive away 2 stacked. The next time they made us put em on a flatbed. It just depends on who the yard person is.

It is a standard containers trailer. 3 high drive away is fine. Some are dayton hubs that may not have been survived recently

Thanks Simp! So it sounds prudent to be prepared to have to put them on a flatbed, which would limit the load to two trailers, and require the trucker to haul the flatbed in each direction? I am worried transport will cost more than the trailers themselves.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Thanks Simp! So it sounds prudent to be prepared to have to put them on a flatbed, which would limit the load to two trailers, and require the trucker to haul the flatbed in each direction? I am worried transport will cost more than the trailers themselves.
I mean most flatbeds are looking for a load so they would just pick it up there and drop it with you and look for another load

More than 2 wouldn't be profitable in my opinion

DMax82

I mean most flatbeds are looking for a load so they would just pick it up there and drop it with you and look for another load

More than 2 wouldn't be profitable in my opinion
Gotcha, thanks again! This is really something I have no experience with but I think these trailers would be very useful to me once on the property.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks