• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tach repair

Pinkie

My tack is jumping around alot on the dial, reads at idle but not over that I think. I looked through the TMs and could not find how to lube it. The TMs I read just said to replace it.

Thanks,

J.R.

Opie

Have you recently pulled the instrument or instrument panel for some reason? If the ground provided by the four twist lock fasteners at the corners of the panel go bad, the instruments all start their own St. Vitus' dance.

ida34

Re: RE: tach repair

Opie said:
Have you recently pulled the instrument or instrument panel for some reason? If the ground provided by the four twist lock fasteners at the corners of the panel go bad, the instruments all start their own St. Vitus' dance.
The tach is cable operated. Grounds will not effect it. The cable may be binding. You can disconnect it at both ends then spin the cable by hand and see if you can feel any binding. This will tell you whether you need a new tach or a new cable.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks