• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Talked to my congressman...

appalacious

...told him I was glad he was talking alot about hydrogen fuel cells but pressed him to talk about biodiesel in the same discussions. He seemed receptive and in agreement, but that could just be the politician speaking. Of course, I don't really know what he, or the fedgov, could do for biodiesel that they haven't done already, that I would approve of. He started using terms like "federal mandate" and that got me scared, so I backed off.
J

colyork

A fed mandate is the only way that we will see bio made on a large scale. Just think about the farmers that might still be in business if they were growing crops for fuel. My opinion is that the oil companies are the ones who are stopping the large production of bio fuels. thats just my two cents

Westech

CPL
i tell you what, when I picked up the tires in NE i filled up on bio diesel. well it was a 50% blend and the truck ran just fine no problems. I think it could really work out just fine for a replacment or 50% blend for diesel.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
You know, we talk about this stuff and say it would be a new way for American farmers to make some money, but what makes you think the corporations wouldn't buy it from cheaper sources overseas, just like they currently do with so many fruits and vegetables?

Sure, Americans farmers might have a couple of good years and then things would go just the way they are now.......

Westech

CPL
I have no idea it was at this truck stop in Iowa. (hint Iowa looks all the same!) it said summer blend 50. So im guessing its 50%) I could be wrong Ive never seen bio blend befor. there is a place by me that sells 100% bio in the summer months really cheap (farmers i think)

appalacious

clinto said:
You know, we talk about this stuff and say it would be a new way for American farmers to make some money, but what makes you think the corporations wouldn't buy it from cheaper sources overseas, just like they currently do with so many fruits and vegetables?
Maybe we won't be able to fuel cargo ships anymore...then we'll have to have local economies again. American farmers come back in style.
J

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks