• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Temperature sender wire

Sjoconnor

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, since getting my 998 in August the only concern I’ve really had is operating temp. I’ve read everything I can on the matter and have replaced pretty much everything and with a laser thermometer it runs nice and cool but guage (new) shows 230+ once warmed up.

I have it in the garage to redo a bunch of things and wanted to run a fresh wire from guage to sender. As I looked real close yesterday, the current wire has been spliced together. I’m assuming that’d mess up the resistance and in itself give me false reading.

Looking thru the TMs I cannot find the wire number which I need to replace from the guage to the sensor. There is no metal tag on the spliced wire.

any help is greatly appreciated from those who’ve done this.

DREDnot

I found this list of circuit numbers while I was cleaning up my wiring following a hi beam indicator replacement.
I looked up all the numbers from the dash connectors and sure enough...the numbers matched. Leave it to the military to have a uniform numbering system.

Anyway...the wire from the temp sender to the gauge will be a 33. I think mine was 33A. The power feeds to the instruments will be a 27. You should see 27A, 27B, 27C...they are each a common power feed to the instruments

Sjoconnor

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I found this list of circuit numbers while I was cleaning up my wiring following a hi beam indicator replacement.
I looked up all the numbers from the dash connectors and sure enough...the numbers matched. Leave it to the military to have a uniform numbering system.

Anyway...the wire from the temp sender to the gauge will be a 33. I think mine was 33A. The power feeds to the instruments will be a 27. You should see 27A, 27B, 27C...they are each a common power feed to the instruments
thank you for that. Hopefully this issue is behind me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks