• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Terex/Load King M322 LT air brake diagram

AMGeneral

Terex/Load King M322 LT trailer progress

Ok folks,I will cover some of the repairs and part numbers for the members that recently purchased on of these trailers.

First off,does anyone have the TM or like for the Holden or Load King M322 LT EET trailer?

Specifically,I am needing the air brake diagram,mine is missing a few parts.

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I can take some pictures of mine so you will have some idea. Will get them tomorrow. I just got it home a few days ago

AMGeneral

Thanks simp,I ordered a Sealco 110800 spring brake valve to replace the missing one,I think I have the piping figured out,I'll know more this evening after I am done.

AMGeneral

Success!

The above mentioned spring brake valve worked perfectly,I did note that the parking brake valve does not seem to do anything,after charging the air system,it never set or released the spring brakes,It may have some crud in it,more time will tell.

AMGeneral

Update!

I purchased a section of 2 inch diameter,cold rolled 1144 steel rod to make the missing ramp mounting pins.

For those with the Load King trailers,you will need approx 84 inches total length,cut in half to make the 2 pins,yes,you could use pipe or something smaller,this is just what I used.

I have found several manufacturers that offer ramp assist springs,I will post the location and part number when I decide which ones I will use.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Nice!. I actually am going to use these pins that they use on big mulch grinders for my ramp pivots. If I get around to it. I found some aluminum long long ramps that can handle 20k each I think. They were $1k but haven't pulled the trigger. I didn't have any ramps with my trailer :(. One thing I have to do is the air lines on my truck front I have to route them so they don't pinch cause behind a 923 you can turn the trailer as sharp for backing as you can with a 929/931. I have been messing with my 923 a lot more than the trailer. I might get it out and wash it so I can get it ready to be painted.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Let's see if the mods will change the name of this thread to just M322 Information. Let's keep it going since I think only like 3 or 4 of us own these here recently or are rebuilding em.

Could you snap me a picture or take down the tag numbers from your main tail lights to your rear harness tags. As well as colors. Mine is missing some tags. Mine didn't have tail lamps or ramps as you saw. I am trying to wire it up but its confusing. I know its a 10 wire harness with a short harness from the neck up that plugs in. I am tracking down bad wires. but I got something funky going on with how I am running pins. I have no tags on the front of the harness and no plug in for the truck. So I took one off a M931 I have and trying to make something work. Just need to know whats what on the trailer.

I sprayed the first coat of 383 this evening before dark. See how it comes out in the morning. washed and degreased it good today. Had all that horrible writing on it.

I also have to make some ramps. Could I get a pic of them laying down on the ground and length/width dimensions. I saw you got your pins. I found some but they are too big.

Also there is a guy named Mark just southeast of Montgomery, AL that apparently has a few dozen tires like we have the 425/65/22.5 super single. He has the Michelin XZL which look great with that extra tread in them. I am trying to get hi contact info again. He told me a month or two ago when I caught a flat that he sells em for $150 a tire.

Last edited:

AMGeneral

Will do on the wiring for the taillights simp,it will be later on this week before I can get to it,in the middle of an engine swap on my M51A1 dump right now.

If you get in touch with the fellow in AL with the tires,I could use a couple myself(mine had no spare and 1 is flat spotted).
I could most certainly use 2 or 3 at that price.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Ill check on it with a ex army mechanic near by there. I got mine painted today. Wasnt too bad. Half a gallon. Yea the wiring is a nightmare. I am gonna have to figure it out. I had funky last night. Power to a bulb but it wouldnt come on. Bulb and others I tried in it were good ones. Gotta be a ground issue i assume.

Lets try to keep all 322 stuff in this thread ya think? For easier to find stuff for everyone else. I took mine for a spin tonight. On speed bumps that trailer will jump sideways. No suspension at all. I know they are rated at 10 tons but the jack set says 26 ton per set! I put a Linkbelt 160 excavator on it the other day to try it out to see how it would handle it. It didn't budge with it on it. It weighs around 37,000lbs. I am sure my 5 ton wouldn't like it on the road at all but offroad in 3rd gear low range it didnt know it was back there

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I think are main issue would be finding wheels! Every super single 22.5 I have seen is $300 or more each.

AMGeneral

Ill check on it with a ex army mechanic near by there. I got mine painted today. Wasnt too bad. Half a gallon. Yea the wiring is a nightmare. I am gonna have to figure it out. I had funky last night. Power to a bulb but it wouldnt come on. Bulb and others I tried in it were good ones. Gotta be a ground issue i assume.

Lets try to keep all 322 stuff in this thread ya think? For easier to find stuff for everyone else. I took mine for a spin tonight. On speed bumps that trailer will jump sideways. No suspension at all. I know they are rated at 10 tons but the jack set says 26 ton per set! I put a Linkbelt 160 excavator on it the other day to try it out to see how it would handle it. It didn't budge with it on it. It weighs around 37,000lbs. I am sure my 5 ton wouldn't like it on the road at all but offroad in 3rd gear low range it didnt know it was back there

I'll do my best to keep everything for the trailer here,

I did take the part number for the axle and look up the specs for it,Hendrickson claims a 25,000 lb load for each axle,and each tire has a load rating of 11,400 lbs.

Just basing it on the tire capacity alone,that's 45,600 lbs,minus the trailer unladen weight of 11,700, equals 33,900 lbs,almost 17 tons of capacity.

Granted,I probably would not exceed 30,000 on mine.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Yea that 33k didn't phase it. I have an issue of cutting the rubber air lines when turning too sharp cause of the rear stops on the 923. So i had to outfit it with something to hold it back to loop around to the truck. I also am going to drill into the storage flap and install a pipe fitting for a gladhand so i can secure the lines to it so they dont hang or pain of twisting em in the box

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Also a pain to back but the truck will try to push the trailer over

AMGeneral

Well,I finally got around to posting up what I did for the taillights.

I ended up replacing the 2 OmniVolt LED lights,both worked to start with,then the right just gave up,no lights or turn signals at all.

Luckily I had 2 NOS metal taillights to replace them,I just had to wire in a separate ground wire for each light,since they ground through the housing.

The wire numbers/colors/ function are as follows.

Left side

GND, White, ground
22-461, Yellow, stop/turn
24 , Orange, blackout tail
23, Gray, blackout stop
21 , Brown, tail lamp

Right side

GND, White, ground
22-460, Green, turn/stop
24, Purple, blackout tail
23, Gray, blackout stop
21, Brown, tail lamp

All the marker lights have a brown(power) and white(ground) wire each.

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I went today and got the cold rolled steel for my pin for my ramps I am going to make. My steel place was out of 2" so I settled for the 1-15/16 it is close enough. I just had to buy 20ft of it since that's all they sell it in. I also picked up three 20ft sticks of 2"x3"x3/8" angle so I can make a set of ramps. I am going to use some 1/2" plate for the pin to slide thru and then use the angle off the inside of it. I am looking at probably 18" or 24" wide ramps. Not too sure yet. I know they will be 7 feet long tho. I may run 1/2" plate down as the side braces but I really don't want that kinda weight to pickup. the angle is heavy enough. I will try to make some progress tomorrow on it. my new electrodes and nozzles for my hypertherm 900 came in today so it is time to burn baby burn! Let's see how fast I can melt $300 worth of steel. I did cut the pin tonight right at dark so it made a nice lightshow. Took about 7 seconds to get thru it. It was pretty thick. I cut it at 100 inches since I am going to run mine all the way across. And just pin each end.

She did get a new paint job since her last sighting on here. Just went with the basic 383.

I am not sure what I am going to do with the lights. right now I just use my basic tow light set for when I tow trucks I haven't gotten around to it. I am planning on selling it so I will have to install new wiring anyways.

Attachments

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I also noticed when I tried to hook by jacks together with a cross pipe that they work in reverse of each other. So I am going to pull one off and make a mounting plate on the other side and flip it around. Stupid indeed. I may also take some smaller cold round and weld it into a hollow piece and hook it onto the place the jack handle goes now so It can be extended out past the frame of the truck for easier up and down. My jack handles the 6 I have tried all hit the trailer and the legs aren't bent.

Julian

Holden Industries also made the EET trailers. I don't know if they are any differences between manufactures. The current Holden model is an MTO20A1 the TM has been uploaded to the manual upload thread.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks