• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

texas forest service

markg

here is a m1028 that i just picked up from the texas forest service in lufkin,tx. their description usually includes no keys, parts missing etc,etc. and a picture of the front of the truck. i was surprised to find when i went to pick the truck up that it was complete . the lock cylinder had been changed as my military key didnt work but the new keys were laying in the seat. after getting home, popped some batteries in, turned the switch, she took right off. glow plug card was present and working, battery hold downs were there. both alternators charged, radiator was full of antifreeze. fuel tank was full. texas inspection had expired in 2006, but other than that no parts were missing . truck runs and drives great. even the cooper tires were 100% tread.

ill bet that wont happen again!!!

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked at that one and yes it was the pick of the litter. The sand colored 1009 was OK too. The 10 ton I won in that auction just arrived and I am happy with it as well. Easley's Wrecker from Lufkin did the recovery for me and did a great job at a reasonable price.

markg

i am 200 miles from the lufkin site so i doesnt pay to go inspect them early. gut shooting worked this time. i am going to put this back on the road, can you do that with the big trucks like the 10 ton's. ? thanks. mark

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i am 200 miles from the lufkin site so i doesnt pay to go inspect them early. gut shooting worked this time. i am going to put this back on the road, can you do that with the big trucks like the 10 ton's. ? thanks. mark
I was lucky to be able to preview as I was passing though Lufkin the week before. Usually I am crossing my fingers like you. The deuces in this sale were hideous and they all went to scrap. The 10 ton will go back on the road, no prob. Just time and money.

markg

its a typical boneyard setting in the middle of the piny woods. i had a conversation with brian aldredge, complaining about parts being in the picture and then being gone when you go to pick up. my d-rings were in the picture but were gone when i arrived to retrieve mine. he gladely replaced them and stated that he couldnt keep up with all the people that are in and out of that place. he said even other forest service personel took whatever they needed . kinda like midnight auto supply during daylight. thanks. mark

Keith_J

I looked at that one and yes it was the pick of the litter. The sand colored 1009 was OK too. The 10 ton I won in that auction just arrived and I am happy with it as well. Easley's Wrecker from Lufkin did the recovery for me and did a great job at a reasonable price.

Lufkin to Camp Wood is quite a hike :driver:.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks