• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

the bottom of the barrel

I have seen lately that GL has started to push out low quality deuces. they have been pushing the ones with parts missing and rust every ware. Like, the last 4 deuces I looked at all had missing gauge panels. Is GL scraping the bottom of the barrel? I can guarantee that i won't have enough money to buy a deuce for a while but I don't want to see them go away. :cry: Does anybody feel the same way??

combat32

There are still good ones out there, there are about 20 at Ft. Chaffee half cargo and half 109's waiting to ship to Oklahoma City to go up for auction, been sitting there for at least a year.They all look good and complete, most are dead(batteries) but I have cranked up 5 or 6 of them just to check them out.

deuceman51

They sell what DRMO gives them. A lot of NG shops are cleaning out their cannibalization points, so beware. If a deuce has a red tag on the steering wheel, that means there is a major component missing or broken where we have to red tag it. That means it's deadlined and has issues that usually keep it from being driven.

combat32

Also, I bought one out of Ft. Sill recentley, it was missing a lot of parts but overall in good shape.(should be a runner)If you can buy these cheap I don't think you can go wrong, heck the axles are worth a grand at least and then you have a lot of spare parts for the next one.

ABN173

I have seen lately that GL has started to push out low quality deuces. they have been pushing the ones with parts missing and rust every ware. Like, the last 4 deuces I looked at all had missing gauge panels. Is GL scraping the bottom of the barrel? I can guarantee that i won't have enough money to buy a deuce for a while but I don't want to see them go away. :cry: Does anybody feel the same way??
Yes I do, but it does not change the fact that the well will run dry at somepoint in the not to distant future.

I want one too and also have a funding issue since I support my mother as well as my own family, due to this there is no such thing as savings for me. As a result I have to wait until "windfalls" to make purchases such as tax return time or deployment where I have extra pay benifits.

Last edited:

Heavysteven

I think the days of 200 duece going up for auction on the same day in Redstone and Kentucy are gone. Add to that there pulling guages for radiation.

How knows how many are left, i have seen 20 sitting since 2009 in Kennesaw.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There will be an end to the Deuces at some point. When that is will be anybodies guess.

I have been seeing some '70s M880 come up lately. I would have thought all of them would be gone by now.

OldGoat

I've seen many that were complete turds, several years ago. Some of the one's left might be pretty decent, used till the end. Plenty to go around though, if you want one. I still can't get over the trucks sold on ebay in Ca. The last one, painted up of course, sold for $10,200. WTF?

Unforgiven

I still can't get over the trucks sold on ebay in Ca. The last one, painted up of course, sold for $10,200. WTF?
You've just answered your own question. If you've ever lived in California you would know that basically everything is 2-3x the price of anywhere else in the country (lower 48 ) ... rent, restaurants, parking fees, utilities, tickets for any social event, real estate, automobiles, name it & it's going to cost you.

There just aren't many surplus dealers out west. And those that are here know they have little to no competition. The prices reflect this.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks