• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The CORRECT paint

Warren Lovell

Guys, I went by a company called FSC Coatings. They are the supplier to the military for their paint. The paint it preety dead accurate. I bought touch-up cans of 383 and it is great.

I went to the Mechanized Museum at Camp Pendleton and the Zero-Rust brand by FSC was all they used. They painted a complete Humvee with the rattle cans and you couldn't tell!

The Cammy Tan is the correct tan as opposed to the Gllespie 686 Tan.
Gillespie is just a shade darker...

FSC's # is : 1-800-579-8459.

Tell them Warren sent you.

Here is the link to their site:

http://www.fsccoatings.com/fsccoatings/contentframe.asp

Sam27

Wish you had posted this earlier, since I just finished painting my entire M1008 with rustoleum spray cans. I used the flat camo green. It looks good, but it's soft and I think it'll scratch off quickly. Does the FSC seem durable? How much for a spray can?

Warren Lovell

I paid $14.00 / can, but it covers differently thatn most other sprays. It is more dense. It IS the military paint.

Now a gallon will set you back around $100+, and they recommend to add hardner to make it last longer than what the military expected it to last.

Give em a call and tell em Warren sent you.

Warren

85-m1028

zero rust is a great product!!! it has anti corosive propeties and rust converters built right in!! and its tough stuff I primered my truck a couple years back with about 7 rattle cans of the flat black and havent had any rust come back!!! I had some serious stage 1 rust covering my entire wheel well iand the bed and 3 coats later you would never even know, I cant say enough good things about this stuff I mean it makes rust oleum look like water colors "kids stuff" zero rust actualy bonds to the rust!!!

Sam27

Is the proper procedure to use the zero-rust underneath and then the cammy over that? I'm sure bummed I didn't hear about this before I did the whole thing with rustoleum! I'll wait for the rustoleum to wear off before I do it all over again. Maybe next spring or something.

85-m1028

Sam27 said:
Is the proper procedure to use the zero-rust underneath and then the cammy over that? I'm sure bummed I didn't hear about this before I did the whole thing with rustoleum! I'll wait for the rustoleum to wear off before I do it all over again. Maybe next spring or something.
I thought zero rust was now making drab and found out that the miltary only uses the zero rust black primer and does the cammo over that, I guess there is someone on the east coast making a product that goes by name zero rust but isnt the company I know of based out of oregon, so if you use a zero rust black primer make sure its from the company in oregon!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks