• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The "network"

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All,

I’d like to relate a long distance buying experience with some military truck parts. I was searching for some specific tires and other items, I called all around, and no one had what I needed exactly. I found a seller out on the West Coast who had what I wanted. I’ve never dealt with the seller before but have heard from others he is a good guy. We traded emails and pics. Only problem was that the shipping would have been a killer.. Enter Mangus580 from this board, who said he had a friend who was traveling from the West Coast to the East Coast, and the friend (we’ll call him Joe) would be happy to transport all the goods in his large truck and trailer. 8 tires, 8 rims, a big winch, and a large crate with a body panel in it. I paypaled the seller the $. On the night before the Joe was to meet the seller to make the pick up, I called the seller to make sure everything was good. Seller tells me he has everything, and also found some other items I was looking for. I didn’t have the $1,200 in the paypal account to send him. He tells me not to worry about it, and that he’ll load it up, and I can pay when I can. “Dam, this guy is pretty trusting” I say to myself. Joe gets to the seller, loads up everything, and he is on his way. About a week later I hear from him, saying he is now on the East Coast, and wants to arrange pick up. However, all of my stuff is in a CUCV M1031 Contact truck body that he is delivering for some else, and he needs to deliver it to a town about 30 minutes from me. “Great!” I met with Joe, got my goods, gave him some $ for fuel, and stayed and helped him unload the truck body for about an hour. 3 guys who have never met before, all having fun, joking, and laughing like we have been buddies for years working to get this thing unloaded. All because of this drug we call OD green stuff… Not many other hobbies would trust people this much with $ and goods, all on the word of someone else on a MV board. Now THATS a network!

Desert Rat

I know the experience! I just went through that with Kenny. We've e-mailed each other and called and talked like long lost cousins. Only from a family oriented board could two people get together like this!

Longhunter7

TRUST!

I sold my Deuce this Spring to a gentleman from Virginia.

He saw the pictures on an ad that I placed right here on the Steel Soldiers Forum.

He never came to actually look at the Deuce, but I got a certified check in the mail!

Several weeks later, he sent a truck to pick it up and ship it back to Virginia!

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've also found the same type of people in this hobby. I can't go into details but my buddy Bruce Kubu is also one of those guys. How many folks would tell you to take the truck, pay me whan you can! Just another reason I love the hobby and make such great friends doing so!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks