• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The new look of my Dodge M880

lacoda56

Good job! [thumbzup][thumbzup] Makes me want to get started cleaning and painting mine. Just gotta wait 'till things slow down at work and maybe I'll be able to post a before and after!

Danger Ranger

Personally, I like the before look. But thats me.

For all practicality, I think you did a great job, and it looks good. Well done. You didn't like the shiny wheels? lol.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
880 grill killer

Who is your little friend stuck in the grill. It looks like you hit a chicken, or you got tinkerbell's legs danglin' off the brush guard.

Nice truck, my mopar buddy would eat 350 chevy's with his 318 back in the late 70's.

What motor does your truck have........that it needs to eat chicken?

.....and I just caught the play on the rims. I need to know if you sprayed black on chrome did you do any prep? I'm getting lotsa grief with the hummer rims on my 1010 and am not shelling out for new rims, thought I'd paint over the chrome.

What's a guy do to get it to schtick?

Last edited:

Robbie

Thanks for the reply's :)

The engine is a stock 318.

The little friend stuck in the grill:D My son did that, after taking the pic he took it again.

Before i spray painted the rims i used sandpaper grit 200 if i remeber well..
The paint i used is Tectyl 190 Black.

The grill guard comes off a Chevy Blazer, to make it fit i had to make it 8 cm higher.

Greetings from Holland, Robbie:)

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it looks great. Love the MERDC camo. Mike, thanks for bringing the pics over, Can't view the pic and youtube links.

Nice paint job, OP. :D I don't get the point of adding a visor, but it doesn't harm the basic outline of the truck so to each his own.

Do you have locking hubs on the front of your M880 like the Chevys do? The reason I ask is there appears to be a cap or something in the center of your wheel on your front axle. My M882 doesn't have that cap.

pad_cdr

Like the paint job -- looks like period camo for the mid 70's. I remember back in 78 or so we had to have all of our vehickles in my unit in Germany repainted to the new camo scheme.

I remember going to Heilbron to pick up new 887 contact trucks. Drove them back on the Autobahn at 90 mph. The front ends were squirrely at that speed, with all the weight in the back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks