• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The only way to grease

CGarbee

The OSHA guys who are next door to my shop would skin me if I tried that... :)
They really want to see things positively blocked/locked out when you are under them...

redass73

shhh. I dont want those OSHA guys to know where i'm at. lol...I did put chokes behind the rear tandem. and the cables are brand new. the first use on them.

I was done greasing before I could have cribbed the front end up.

acetomatoco

Hopefully you meant Chock blocks... Chokes are on carburetors and in the Sopranos... That is an unsafe way to grease and the use of said lifting device is contrary to any safety regulations... Where are the jack stands? and the safety goggles ane the gloves and the long sleeves and pants, etc.. Yes kiddies, this is the way Uncle Charlie was killed, you can still see the stain in the parking lot...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: The only way to grease

acetomatoco said:
Hopefully you meant Chock blocks... Chokes are on carburetors and in the Sopranos... That is an unsafe way to grease and the use of said lifting device is contrary to any safety regulations... Where are the jack stands? and the safety goggles ane the gloves and the long sleeves and pants, etc.. Yes kiddies, this is the way Uncle Charlie was killed, you can still see the stain in the parking lot...
Spelling looks good ACE. Punctuation and capitalization seem to be askew.

Cdub

RE: Re: RE: The only way to grease

Wow........way cool..........I wish you were around for my oil change........I could have got evey single drop from the oil pan

Love the pic........!!!!

Cheers,

C'dub

rdixiemiller

Recovry4x4 said:
acetomatoco said:
Safety goggles ane the gloves?

You spelled "and" wrong! Your spell check license is revoked!

houdel

Not to pee on your parade - but with your truck already lifted by the wrecker, it would only take a heartbeat or two to slip a couple of safety stands under your truck to make sure it didn't drop down on you. As a former paramedic, I had two runs on people who were working under vehicles without safety stands and the vehicle dropped on them. Both were DOS - Dead on Scene. It happens.

TheBuggyman

Recovry4x4 said:
acetomatoco said:
Ditto on that, I feel like I'm in remedial English class here lately............ :roll:

redass73

honestly i dont even think ihave jack stands i would trust under that beast. just greased the front end. with the cordless grease gun it almost took longer to lift it up.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

One of my uncles was a truck (wrecker) driver in the service. He has told me a few times, how they would use a wrecker to completely hang a jeep from the boom to do the pm. He said they would lift the front end up first, then chain the front end to the boom. Then they would extend the boom out and lift the rear up also. This would hang the entire jeep from the boom! How's that for dangerous ?

redass73

Please, dont think i totally disregard safety. it was hardly lifted 12 inches off the ground and either cable was enough to hold the truck by its self. so between both cables i felt plenty safe.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks