• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thieves

jag7720

I hesitate in writing this because I don't like to talk bad about people.... but I want to give fair warning to anyone looking for a Banks Turbo. If this is deemed inappropriate to this forum then I am sorry and you can just remove it... but I feel that you guys should know about this guy since there are many of us looking for a turbo for our CUCVs.

I found a used Banks system from a guy named Levi Stoakes in Rising City, NE.
I contacted him and we discussed parts and price and came to an agreement. $450 for the complete system and a torque converter he wanted to get rid of.

I sent Levi the money and have never received any parts. this has gone on since Jan 2009. "His brother got arrested for DUI" and his "mom died" were some of the excuses... So, I contacted the sheriff of Butler county and he lied to them saying I got the parts and was not happy and wanted my money back. I have tried to call to get a tracking number as he says it was shipped UPS freight..... nothing

Needless to say it is a civil matter and the sheriff can do nothing.

I have tried to appeal to Levi many times but he will no longer return my calls or emails.. he changed his cell number too.

Out of principle I am going to take this to small claims court.

Anyway... Levi Stoakes is not an honest person and I say "Buyer Beware" if yo run across this young man.

bigelk50

Good Luck and I understand the principal of it. Sorry that things like this happen. Makes us all become more aware of buying things.

jag7720

I have thought about that but I am in KC and it is a 4.5 hr drive.. .. I even emailed him telling him I would drive out there.... nothing.

jag7720

To file in Small claims court, You will have to go there. Wayne
I called their court and I can file by mail. Yes, I will travel there when the case is heard and I am fine with that. I drive on WVO so my fuel costs will be low ... just a day off of work.

Hopefully he will send me the parts or money when he is served.

OldGoat

You will probably have to get a sheriff or special deputy to serve him the papers to sue, if doesn't sign for the certified mail. Good luck

hobie237

I got shafted by a guy on here all the way out in Washington State. Not much I could do but file the reports with the FBI Internet Division, etc.

DanMartin

If you used the US Mail to send the money (registered mail is best) and do not get the goods, you can file a mail fraud claim. The Postmaster goes after these much better than any other organization.

So, if sending money and not 100% sure of the legitimacy of the deal, take out some insurance and use a postal money order and send it registered mail. If it goes sour, you will have a case and a paper trail.

papercu

FTC Federal Trade Commission Bureau of Consumer Protection it where you can file complaints and there are link to other sites for help.
There is also https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/ and they do handle items shipped by UPS if ordered by mail, email or phone. Did you use a credit card, you can file for a chargeback with them. Did you use paypal they have a limited policy for non-ebay items. Here is more info.
Nebraska Small Claims Wayne

hobie237

Yeah, it's all pretty worthless when it comes to the FTC, FBI, Postmaster, whatever. They're inundated with claims. Easier to simply avoid internet dealings. The savings are not worth dealing with all the dickwads out there.

papercu

MilitaryRestoration

Good luck period. I bought a motor off ebay back in 2002 for 1000 paid via paypal, never saw motor or money. Even with paypal claim, ebay claim, fbi claim, local law enforcement claim, and the motor was in NY and I live in Wa. State so defin not driving... Needless to say that was a waste of a 1000 dollars :-/

LibertyDeuce

Refer this matter to the postal authorities. Specifically the Postal Inspector's office for mail fraud. Hope you paid by check or money order.
Good Luck

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you sent the money via the post office, especially if it was a Postal Money Order, contact the postal inspectors. I think it is known as mail fraud and conversion. It's a Federal offense! You could have a case even if it was a personal check if it was mailed.

Stihl029

This kinda reminds me of the case over on naxja and Pirate where a guy had some work done to his rig and then has been avoiding the bill. Its been ugly with threats and what not I hope that it goes easier for you. We are a community where you would hope that this stuff would not happen; but its been happening more and more frequently I have seen. I think that we can keep this more civil than it got on pirate(the thread keeps getting shut down).

Chopped up another XJ - NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association

Racky

That chews Just remember what comes around goes around. I had a guy beat me out of some stuff once. What I did was go to a book store and get all of the magazine subscription post cards I could. I than filled them out with his info and dropped then in the mail box. I later heard through the grapevine that he had several collection agencys harrassing him. HA HA.

Good Luck
Racky

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks