• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Third's Build Discussion

Third From Texas

Still tinkering with the bathroom. Got two of the three walls framed and panels cut. The rear-most wall encompasses the (unused) driver-side door. I want to retain the ability to open the door (there will be a small back patio and I'm planning on adding a shower outlet that will be exposed when the door is open, for hosing off the dog or my dates as needed).

*toilet and shower pan are placeholders

20211125_105227.jpg

20211125_105257.jpg

20211126_111302.jpg

20211126_151716.jpg20211126_114142.jpg

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Still tinkering with the bathroom. Got two of the three walls framed and panels cut. The rear-most wall encompasses the (unused) driver-side door. I want to retain the ability to open the door (there will be a small back patio and I'm planning on adding a shower outlet that will be exposed when the door is open, for hosing off the dog or my dates as needed).

*toilet and shower pan are placeholders

View attachment 851746

View attachment 851747

View attachment 851748

View attachment 851750View attachment 851749
At lowes they have the corner tracts for the white pebble boards if you silicone it just before put them togeather will hold those corners good i cant tell from the pictures but dont forget to vent the microwave and the fridge even if its a 1 1/2 in bottom front under the fridge door and if you think its going to be too much heat coming in the camper in summer vent it out the outside wall on the back behind the microwave the shower will need one as well ! Looking good and dont let em get in your pocket they can shower on their dime before your hour starts LMAO !!!!

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, but single bed is too crowded for sleeping two. And the dog doesn't really like to share her floor with overnight guests.

Just as soon that they leave...

:)
Yea your not paying for them to be there your paying for them to leave when you cant think of anything else to do to them !!! lol just what i heard .

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I have the corner moldings.

The fridge box has a combustion and ventilation chamber build into the back as per Dometic
I didnt want to cut a whole to the outside so all the way across the bottom of the fridge on the floor im going to try it this coming summer to see how much heat it pushes out on mine .IMG_1696.JPGIMG_1695.JPG

Last edited:

Third From Texas

I didnt want to cut a whole to the outside so all the way across the bottom of the fridge on the floor im going to try it this coming summer to see how much heat it pushes out on mine .View attachment 851817View attachment 851818
Yep. Keep in mind that while one of the reasons these must be vented is heat dispersal the second is gas leak dispersal. And propane is heavier than air, so it sinks.

The potential issue with having an inside lower vent is if there were a leak, you flood the hab with gas. I went thru this with some of my early house guest studies using nitrous oxide down in the bunker. But that's another story...

I had ordered a set of Dometic vents (one upper one lower) but they were late Jan delivery so I swapped them out for the Norcold version. It's all just China plastic and I saved about $25. Plus I have one of the side scoop-type like you pictured that vents the microwave.

Third From Texas

There is a lot of build info here.
Oh yeah, I was member on there long before I started looking at military trucks as a platform.

I'm typically poking around in here:

:)

Last edited:

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Youve been awful quite what have you pilferd this week from the elderly and downtrodden ? Have you cleaned those post on the reverse polarity module yet ?

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had a little back injury back in Nov. It'll be OK if I'd just stay off my feet for a few days. But that ain't gonna happen. So here I am a month later.

lol
Hey ive got some questions about your 1078 as far as does your Ao have 1 or 2 digit shift pad and what year did they go to 1 digit

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine is a 2008 A1R and has whatever they were using in the final versions. It has two digits in the viewer if that's what you are asking "NN" "77" "RR" etc. I've never seen one of these trucks that didn't have two digits on the controller face.
I saw pictures last night of a 98 single red digital and simp said it was a 98 rebuild and it had an A1 dash but still 3116 manual pump and i thought of you with what i thought was one of each so i could figure it out at the time .

Third From Texas

Hows the ankle monitor and house arrest going????
Actually started working on the truck again this week. Then it was 92 degrees so I had to go to the beach.

Now it's in the 30's and Homey don't play in dat shitz...

New shower pan is fitted and I have one minor adjustment left to the back wall piece. Once that's done I have one cabinet to build and mount (it will be for toiletries, towels, etc). Then I have to sort out how I'll be stowing the toilet itself. So far, keeping it simple with a box that the toilet slides out of. I have a bunch of stuff drawn up, but I want to get the shower done (Spring Break is only three weeks out and somebody has to be out there making sure those drunk girls get back to their rooms eventually).

I don't know why this is taking so long.

;p

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Best i can figure we will never get done with these trucks its a constant work in progress ! It keeps my creative side something to do . Spring Break ahhhh wish i was there ! I would forget the truck for now and start laying the slick tarps out and pining them down for the worlds biggest game of naked collage twister there on the beach ! And vollyball nets and jello wrestling pools and be saleing salt water desolvable bikinis for a dollar a piece and free tequila shots sponsored by uncle chuckys home for wayward girls ! Have live podcast from the girls only dressing rooms @ And my favorite casting couch races at the bottom of every hour! So see what you can put together and i will see how many of the girls here are ready for a road trip to TEXAS

P,S. we can use my truck for the drunk girl shuttle its the least i can do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks