• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Three Deuces

OD_Coyote

Well my oldest son and I went down to Tenino, WA today to look at a couple of deuces listed on craigslist. They are the ones mentioned in another thread on this site a day or two ago. Anyway, while my son was talking with the owner on the phone last night he mentioned he had another deuce with electrical problems that he was willing to negotiate on the price, but other two deuces are $3500 firm.
My son and I drove there this AM to look at the trucks and he drove the M35A2 with the Continental LDT465-1D. It fired right up and ran real nice, but he brakes may need some attention since they go almost all the way to the floor before they engage and the paint looks like someone applied it with a brush. He liked it, but he was also interested in the "negotiable" deuce. We took a look at the "negotiable" deuce and found out it is a 1987 M35A2C with a non-dropside bed on it. It is an USAF unit with the dual circuit brakes and a White LDT465-1C engine. There is an electrical issue, but is runs great and the brakes are excellent. Anyway after some deep thought my son decided to go with the USAF deuce for $2500. There is some serious rust on the driver's door, but other than that and the electrical issues it is a nice truck. We will be bringing it home in a couple of weeks if all goes well. Now there will be three M35s in the family. My youngest son that is serving in the Army has my 65 Kaiser M35A2, my oldest son that is going to college will have the 87 AM Gen USAF M35A2 and I have my "NorthWest Edition" 86 AM Gen USAF M35A2C. Now we will be able to have a mini-convoy!

Last edited:

badgmc56

I wish there were more deuces around my neck of the woods to check out from private owners. Just not that many around. Would be interested in buying M35A2 for a decent price.

rivired

ya i drove that d motor truck.agreed on the brakes..but im glad to hear that airforce truck is going to a good home..it was by far the nicest of the group.but since i live near seattle it wasnt practical for me to be running back and forth doing repairs until i could drive it home,congrats!

OD_Coyote

ya i drove that d motor truck.agreed on the brakes..but im glad to hear that airforce truck is going to a good home..it was by far the nicest of the group.but since i live near seattle it wasnt practical for me to be running back and forth doing repairs until i could drive it home,congrats!
rivired - Don' t hesitate to give me a shout if I can help you with your truck.

inline6

first time poster, short time reader.

OT, Thinking about a deuce, looked at a couple yesterday. Not sure.

BOT, those in Tenino hove been on CL for quite some time. Good to know about thier condition.

OD_Coyote

Here is a pic of all three deuces together. My 86 on the left, my youngest son's 65 in the middle and my oldest son's 87 on the right. I am in the process of replacing my j-pipe if you are wondering why the stack is missing on my truck.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks