• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thumb for FLU 419 SEE Unimog

Bilgerat

I just purchased a FLU 419 SEE Unimog to do demolition work and timbering. I quickly realized I really need a thumb attachment for the backhoe. Hopefully somebody on this forum has some experience on which brand/model is compatible. From what I understand, the backhoe is a Case 580E that's been modified so the bucket folds in tighter to allow the backhoe to stow properly for transport. Has anybody tried the Amulet HoeClamp with any success?

peakbagger

I just purchased a FLU 419 SEE Unimog to do demolition work and timbering. I quickly realized I really need a thumb attachment for the backhoe. Hopefully somebody on this forum has some experience on which brand/model is compatible. From what I understand, the backhoe is a Case 580E that's been modified so the bucket folds in tighter to allow the backhoe to stow properly for transport. Has anybody tried the Amulet HoeClamp with any success?
Good Luck, I dont remember seeing anyone coming up with a good fit.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought one from Palletforks.com a few years ago, but haven't installed it yet.

A few people here did, as I recall, and and at least one bent theirs. Looking at the construction, I could see that some reinforcement could be helpful.
Anyway, it should fit in the bucket, especially after pulling the pin and removing the thumb itself.

Maybe this year I'll get my butt in gear and weld it on? The 12-inch bucket on one SEE doesn't fold up all the way as it is, so...

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rubber tires and demolition don't go together , you will spend more time fixing flat tires than working .

Bilgerat

I ended up purchasing a Linville 32" mechanical thumb. I'll report back how well it worked after I get it installed. It appears to be pretty stout and it's made in the USA (yay!).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks