• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tie rod and drag link dust boot part number and links

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bought some from an online military supplier (you know the ones) at huge markup. Measured them and found the part number from Energy Suspension. Here ya go:

Energy Suspension 13013

This kit contains two (for $8.46):

The LMTV parts web sites are just buying these in bulk from Energy at wholesale pricing (guessing about $2 each), and then marking them up to $15 each.

The chart here gives dimensions of the 13013 also if you want to 3D print some:

They are smaller than the joint because they stretch for a nice tight fit to keep water and dirt out.

Rick

B-Dog

Hey Rick,

Have you actually installed those? I emailed Energy Suspension about our tie rod/drag links >a year ago and they said they didn't have anything that would work.
Cheers,

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The one's I just received from a prominent online LMTV parts retailer measure EXACTLY to the dimensions of the 13013 and look exactly like them. You can see how they stretch in several YouTube videos. Energy is going to err on the side of caution if they don't know for sure.

Rick

coachgeo

The one's I just received from a prominent online LMTV parts retailer measure EXACTLY to the dimensions of the 13013 and look exactly like them. You can see how they stretch in several YouTube videos. Energy is going to err on the side of caution if they don't know for sure.

Rick
give us a longevity report at some point. Thanks.

PS- this ended up added to Yellow spreadsheet now

Last edited:

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I figured, based on the pictures I had seen and the videos I had watched, that they were marking up the commonly available urethane universal boots. When I saw the parts retailer had the boots for $9.99 (I'm assuming black Friday since they are back to $13.99 each now) I bought 4 of them - figured I would take one for the team and measure them against what I suspected them to be - sure enough it's just straight out of Energy/Prothane's catalog. Figured as much.

I own a performance shop with a chassis dyno. I've gone round and round this parts supply chain system for automotive parts enough to know when I'm being scammed. And I'm really good at finding the manufacturer and going directly to the source if possible. Been doing this for a couple decades now.

Rick

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I figured, based on the pictures I had seen and the videos I had watched, that they were marking up the commonly available urethane universal boots. When I saw the parts retailer had the boots for $9.99 (I'm assuming black Friday since they are back to $13.99 each now) I bought 4 of them - figured I would take one for the team and measure them against what I suspected them to be - sure enough it's just straight out of Energy/Prothane's catalog. Figured as much.

I own a performance shop with a chassis dyno. I've gone round and round this parts supply chain system for automotive parts enough to know when I'm being scammed. And I'm really good at finding the manufacturer and going directly to the source if possible. Been doing this for a couple decades now.

Rick
Wow, nice!
Keep up the GOOD work and let us know if you find anymore good deals!
I have a challenge for you. I’ve been looking for months for the manufacture of the CTIS wheel valve diaphragms but haven’t been able to find it yet. They have to be coming from somewhere when you see a select few have hundreds on hand and there has to be a better price then high price for the part and the crazy high price for shipping for a $1 - $2 part.
Good luck and thanks again for the heads up!
Tom.

B-Dog

Wow, nice!
Keep up the GOOD work and let us know if you find anymore good deals!
I have a challenge for you. I’ve been looking for months for the manufacture of the CTIS wheel valve diaphragms but haven’t been able to find it yet. They have to be coming from somewhere when you see a select few have hundreds on hand and there has to be a better price then high price for the part and the crazy high price for shipping for a $1 - $2 part.
Good luck and thanks again for the heads up!
Tom.
I've done the same thing. I believe they are Spicer PN 673284 but I can't confirm.

I bought a set from Will, lmtvparts.com - He has them listed on an auction site for $15/ea

Third From Texas

And cab bushings. They are out there somewhere (beyond just hockey pucks).

I've got a clean set that I'm tempted to scan/cast/or just make a squish mold and pour. I can make myself a dozen cheaper than the cost on ONE from a <point_of_compass_surplus_scalper>.

But making stuff (bushings, caps, stops, boots, etc) out of polyurethane is pretty simple (even making them camo);

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
And cab bushings. They are out there somewhere (beyond just hockey pucks).

I've got a clean set that I'm tempted to scan/cast/or just make a squish mold and pour. I can make myself a dozen cheaper than the cost on ONE from a <point_of_compass_surplus_scalper>.

But making stuff (bushings, caps, stops, boots, etc) out of polyurethane is pretty simple (even making them camo);

Yes Sir! Those cab bushings are DANG EXPENSIVE.
One of mine was completely gone when I got my M-1089.
At the time, it just HAD to be fixed so I spent several hundred bucks.
I grumbled until I installed them...

So, for what it's worth, the difference in the "ride" was worth what I spent.
I still smile every time I go for a spin around the block for my trucks' weekly run...

----

On a completely different subject, I have purchased a lot of small parts from Will over the past few years. His prices have been really reasonable - and the best part is that when you need help with that part - he helps! He is a wealth of knowledge and understands what CUSTOMER SERVICE is all about.

Last edited:

Third From Texas

Learning stuff here...

Trying to get an idea of what poly to use for bushings.

So say Shore 80A is ~$120/gal...that should be enough for all the rubber bits and LMTV has onboard....

Last edited:

coachgeo

Learning stuff here...

Trying to get an idea of what poly to use for bushings.

So say Shore 80A is ~$120/gal...that should be enough for all the rubber bits and LMTV has onboard....

good question.... read about cracking... have read 90 can crack apart... maybe that makes 80 about right?

btw. smooth on has trial size of 80 shore of 1lb material

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks