• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Time for some trailer maintenance

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please post the part number for your brake cables.
There are several sellers out there that claim their surplus cables will work and end up being too long.
Doable but not correct ones.

Part numbers for the other items you replaced will also help others.

Thanks

Buckshotmckee

Please post the part number for your brake cables.
There are several sellers out there that claim their surplus cables will work and end up being too long.
Doable but not correct ones.

Part numbers for the other items you replaced will also help others.

Thanks
Here's the part numbers I used
Part number 15641501. NSN 2530-01-429-8346

Buckshotmckee

This is for the brake cables?
Yes. For the M101A3. Just a heads ups, something I discovered, some of these NOS cables, everything is perfect except for the housing lengths. The ends, the cable length, the insert into the backing plate, perfect. But like I said, the housings seem to have some variations in the lengths. I also noticed the tags on the cables had different production dates which I'm sure led to this variation. The part numbers were the same, just different production dates. The place I got the cables was nice enough to match up another cable for me and 2 day mail it to me.

Attachments

Jeepadict

Yes. For the M101A3. Just a heads ups, something I discovered, some of these NOS cables, everything is perfect except for the housing lengths. The ends, the cable length, the insert into the backing plate, perfect. But like I said, the housings seem to have some variations in the lengths. I also noticed the tags on the cables had different production dates which I'm sure led to this variation. The part numbers were the same, just different production dates. The place I got the cables was nice enough to match up another cable for me and 2 day mail it to me.
Where did you source your parts?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Buckshotmckee

Where did you source your parts?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
The bearings, races, and seals I sourced from a local parts store. The wheel cylinders and brake shoes I was able to pickup complete, brand new backing plates with all new hardware from the same parts store. The brake cables I found from a place in South Carolina, DP Equipment.
The bearings, seals, backing plates are still widely in use today. Etrailer is a good source for these parts as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks