• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tintable bedliner w/Gillespie?

michigandon

Has anyone here ever used Gillespie Coatings to tint the tintable U-Pol Raptor Liner, Or the SEM Tintable Bedliner? If so, how did it work out?

Googling around a bit online, I found that the tintable SEM is compatible with enamel (which the Gillespie paint is, of course). But the U-Pol folks are a bit more vague about what will and will not work with their product.

ntxcop

Don, Check Monstaliner, they make color tinted products, and I found a thread where a representative was talking about people using their own color (PPG) to mix with their product. Their website is http://www.monstaliner.com/. I used their product on my deuce and it was pretty easy to roll on.

michigandon

I've heard of Durabak, and I don't want use it.

I want to paint my M882 383 green, and I want the inside of the bed to match the rest of the truck.

2013-08-15 19.34.13.jpg2013-08-15 19.36.56.jpg2013-08-15 19.34.36.jpg
I just had a kid spray mine with the UPol Raptor when I went home on my days off. I'm still letting her sit in the sun, the kid said she would stay soft for a few days. He used the tint-able, said total he used 14 kits. This is something I would definitely do myself the next time, time permitting. I need to take some better pictures... Notice, star on driver's door, but not on the passenger... gas tank is green, should be black. Aggghhhh !

Has anyone here ever used Gillespie Coatings to tint the tint-able U-Pol Raptor Liner, Or the SEM Tintable Bedliner? If so, how did it work out?
Googling around a bit online, I found that the tintable SEM is compatible with enamel (which the Gillespie paint is, of course). But the U-Pol folks are a bit more vague about what will and will not work with their product.

Attachments

Last edited:

WRMorrison

I've had great luck with Raptor Liner as well; the kit comes with a gun that only works with their bottles, but it works well.

-WRM

WRMorrison

On a side note, 14 kits? :shock: HOLY SMOKES that's a lot of liner... That's nearly $1600 without labor! Also, can I get a few more shots of that bobber with the CBC?

-WRM

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used the durabak on my bed liner. The tan was almost a perfect match and I liked it with the grit/texture. My bed was super nasty as the truck came from a chemical battalion and was super rusty, real slick when wet, and rough. I sanded what I could, used rustoleum rusty metal and the textured durabak. year and half later with considerable foot traffic (boy scouts) doing well.

WRMorrison, I'm not to sure on if it's "Gillespie" or not. I have the code he wrote on a box. I'll verify that for you. Are you wanting closer pics of the CBC with the liner or just in general pics of the CBC? I have some pictures I've taken in my profile albums, but I can go take more. Since, I haven't sprayed this myself, I'm not sure if it's "actually" 14 kits, but I can verify that is what I paid for :(

Ilikemtb999

It's seems slightly biased being from a manufacturer of a bed liner product but they're spot on with the herculiner (which is what I used inside my truck).

Still good info though!

aheilmann68

I had great success with Al's Liner, I got it in a gallon and have a textured spray gun that I applied it with. Its a two part mix that you can order tintable so you can pick. I just wanted black so I forget the paint additive specs but I really like the way it came out on my personal pickup truck. Its cheaper than most of the other companies and it blew herculiner out of the water, I was very disappointed with that brand.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks