• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Torque rod axle alignment best way

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am in the middle of the job of replacing my torque rods . The drivers side lowers went on fine . The passenger side is a different story. I need about half inch of movement I think to get them installed. The old dog bones where almost completely worn out so I’m thinking I just have had some movement on this side.

what is the best way to move the axles so I can get the 2 new dog bones in place?
I’m thinking at this point I may need to take the truck off the jack stands and place back on the tires and use a come along or strap to attempt to move the axles the 1/2 inch.

Or should I block up and support the frame taking the weight off the tandem?

any ideas welcome.

Attachments

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
First pic is rear dog bone at the connector between the tandems. Second pic is front dog bone at the same connector between the tandems.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Put it down on the ground .i Use the tires with a crowbar to align then while someone trys to align the insert in the hole. You get more leverage that way.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Chain and a long throw chain binder/cheater, with this setup you can move the world.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
20180504_143124.jpg20180504_143125.jpg20180504_143136.jpg

U/rustyjunk's truck had a failed dogbone and it had allowed the axle to get about 3/4" out of alignment. I used a come-along to pull the axle to where I needed it.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sucsess. Thanks for the help. Used a come-along. They each popped in the hole by themselves while working the come-along

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks