• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Torque Wrench Compression Test?

2INSANE

Has anyone ever used a Torque wrench to test compression on the 6.2 and 6.5?

I know if it’s low compression you could easily turn the crank using a socket wrench.

But how about a torque wrench?

What would be the foot pounds of torque on a good compression motor?

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
" What would be the foot pounds of torque on a good compression motor? "
Study the use of a vacuum gauge
Valves must close
Valves must open
Valves, intake and exhaust, must seat.

This is why when We pull heads and check for flat and study for cracks and then replace every gasket, spring, valve, and lap the seats We get mo better results.
It has always been like that, wont change.

" What would be the foot pounds of torque on a good compression motor? "
Study the use of a vacuum gauge
Valves must close
Valves must open
Valves, intake and exhaust, must seat.

This is why when We pull heads and check for flat and study for cracks and then replace every gasket, spring, valve, and lap the seats We get mo better results.
It has always been like that, wont change.
Hi , is there a difference between diesel / petrol engine ? How does the vacuum test work on the 6.2 detroit ?

dependable

A compression tester to test the compression, only reliable way I know of. If you buy or rent one, make sure you get one rated for diesel engines, and you will need the adapter that goes into the glow plug threads. A lot of the universal diesel rated sets include the adapter. There is also a Kent-moore "J tool" adapter made for GM. One could also use the injector port, but is more work, and the glow plug hole adapters are relatively easy to find.

Vacuum test on the 6.2, and most diesels I know of, only measures the performance of vacuum pump.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks