• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tow bar feet?

tm america

I'm gonna be picking up a parts truck this in the next few weeks .i need med tow bar feet.I have a tow bar but mine has the heavy feet. if anyone knows where i could buy some or if someone has a set to lend me to do this recovery.i would pay to have them shipped and a little more .i can borrow my friends trailer if i have to but a tow bar would be alot easier.It's about 4 hours each way so i would like to travel lightly if i have a choice.....Any help would be appreciated.i already looked through the classifieds with no luck

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What tow bar do you have? If you have large feet, I don't think medium feet will work. Sounds like you have the long non adjustable bar that Gimpy likes so much.

tm america

The tow bar i have is a heavy non adjustible tow bar .The feet that are on it have a 1.5 inch pin where it goes to the shackles. the pins at the tow bar look like they are 1 inch..this thing is a back breaker .I'm gonna hook the leg with the lunette up first then put the other on so i don't have to pick the whole thing up at once.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might also be able to get some 1" tractor pins and bush the 1.5 ends down. Gimpy and Poppop both use that bar alot and have insight.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have the correct feet to use the tow bar from **** (1.5" pins)on a deuce. I also have the feet to use a medium tow bar from ****(1 and an eighth" pins) on a deuce. I also have the feet for a regular medium tow bar to be used on a deuce. I also have the feet for an "early" medium tow bar to be used on a deuce.

Which shall I send? PM an addy.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the correct feet to use the tow bar from **** (1.5" pins)on a deuce. I also have the feet to use a medium tow bar from ****(1 and an eighth" pins) on a deuce. I also have the feet for a regular medium tow bar to be used on a deuce. I also have the feet for an "early" medium tow bar to be used on a deuce.

Which shall I send? PM an addy.
Now all you need is a fresh pair of feet for the bottom of your legs and you'll have it all covered.
:jumpin:

tm america

i'm gonna go measure the pins on my bar and pm you gimp .i can't bush the feet i have cuz they are so big they hit the bolts that hold the shackles on.If i were to try to use the ones i have i would have to plug the holes and redrill them lower in the feet....

tm america

ok i measured my pins on the tow bar they are 1 and 1/8 .. The pins on feet are 1.5 inches .The gap where the feet fit into the tow bar is around 1.75 inch

TexAndy

could you post some pics of this tow bar?

I have a sinking feeling I just won 5 of them and that I'm going to have a hard time finding the correct feet to tow deuces with them...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks