• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tow Chain, How'd I do?

Katahdin

This was at the local 'Surplus and Salvage' place. Their jingle is "I Shoulda' Bought it When I Saw It!." Mainers will know what I'm talking about.

I got the last 29 feet in the barrel for $1.59 per foot.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do they make you complete a theft report when they collect their pittance of cash at the register? That's just felonious.

Katahdin

Yep, Mardens! The same stores our current state governor managed before taking office. Its kind of like a "Big Lots" store, there's lots of chinese junk, etc. but sometimes you can get lucky if they've salvaged inventory from a closed business. These chains were made in the Good ol' USA. While there tonight I also picked up a 50 foot 3/8" glad-hand/tire inflation set for $19. Good stuff!

Katahdin

Do they make you complete a theft report when they collect their pittance of cash at the register? That's just felonious.
The only thing they asked me at the register was if I wanted to donate $1.00 to the Muscular Distrophy Association....to which I gladly said YES!!!

dblcamaros

Be careful with any of those Chinese chains. They can be very dangerous. They break rather easily! Beware. My friend was almost seriously hurt by one while lifting a motor.........the welds are sketchy at best.

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be careful with any of those Chinese chains. They can be very dangerous. They break rather easily! Beware. My friend was almost seriously hurt by one while lifting a motor.........the welds are sketchy at best.
It says "Made in USA" on the container. DOUBLE WIN!!

But good reminder to look for the where it's made tag, I try to buy "Made In The USA" whenever I can. The politicians aren't going to fix that problem, it's up to US.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some people are tow bar wh0res, I happen to be that way with chains. I love getting chains. I picked up two 3/4inch chokers at the GA Rally last year and wish I had picked up the 80 or so foot 3/4 as well.

That is a good deal and a nice looking chain.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a good price. We have a freightliner place here that has grade 70 chain with hooks for $29.50.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks