• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer registration storage

Nick

Im looking for something decent looking and somewhat period correct for storing the registration on my 52 M101. This way the registration is with the trailer and not in my truck when I loan it out or whatever.

I keep seeing those clear plastic bubble lookin things and I'm not crazy about em.

What do you guys use??

Thanks

Nick

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could always use a section of 1 1/2" PVC with a glue cap on one end and a female adapter on the other. Can be mounted with exhaust clamps under the cargo body. For a cap over the female adapter, I use a Hayward SP1022C cap. 1.5 THREADED PLUG W/O-RING - SP1022C

Paint it green or tan to match your trailer. Not period correct but darned useful and can be mounted out of sight!

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Commercial vehicles use a small metal waterproof container for the title of various semi-trailers. The driver needs to have the title to the trailer he is pulling, so the problem has already been worked out, and nothing new needs to be invented. Many of the suppliers have them like Betts, VelVac, etc.....

Nick

I like the ammo can idea. I actually has considered a small metal square tool box on the tongue, so I don't know where I'd put another, like an ammo can. But I like it.

The pipe and caps on the "A" frame is a good one too.

So the actual paperwork on real military trailers wasnt carried with them? Or was there even any paperwork that went with them?

All good ideas. Still like to hear more
Thanks
Nick

jaxsof

Nick, every piece of equipment has a logbook, which contains a copy of the hand receipt ( mil version of a registration) and it goes everywhere the equipment does. If Soldier A is taking a Water Buffalo to get filled, he is "supposed" to have the logbook for the trailer with him in the towing vehicle.

Nick

Nick, every piece of equipment has a logbook, which contains a copy of the hand receipt ( mil version of a registration) and it goes everywhere the equipment does. If Soldier A is taking a Water Buffalo to get filled, he is "supposed" to have the logbook for the trailer with him in the towing vehicle.

Ok, so there isn't an original style thing for them mounting it on the trailer then.

Thanks
Nick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks