• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tranny shifter upgrade to push button

halftrack

Are there any tranny guys out there that have any experience with automatic shifters (push button type) that can be mounted on the side of the allison transmissions. The new Marine 7 tons have this feature and I would like to possibly upgrade my 5 ton with this feature. However, if they are problematic, I would rather just stay clear from the setup. Here is the kit I was looking at.

Stone Bennett Products

BTW, the transmission I have is the Allison MT654

Army Ed

the M915A4's we have are havin semi issues with that setup,then again the army put only half the bellhousing bolts in because of them snapping when all are in...lol...other then that the push button works pretty good.I have it in my M984A2R1 and its worked great so far.Only when its crazy cold does it shift into neutral when ur driving.if ya let it warm up a few minutes it works fine

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks