• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transfer case ext. housing chipped off

alburms311

M1009, TH400. I recently(month or so ago) replaced the output shaft seal on my vehicle, and noticed the other day that I was leaking atf again. I got under the truck and found the tcase extension had a chip on it and that was causing me to leak again. Im thinking about putting some JB Weld on there and seeing if that fixes the issue...any thoughts, is that just wishful thinking on my part?
th400 001 (Large).jpg

Skinny

Take the seal out, clean it up really good with brake clean, and install a new one with a nice application of RTV...call it good. Those extension housings are fairly plentiful, I would be surprised if you couldn't find one for free.

alburms311

Take the seal out, clean it up really good with brake clean, and install a new one with a nice application of RTV...call it good. Those extension housings are fairly plentiful, I would be surprised if you couldn't find one for free.
Update: That done the trick, thanks for the input.:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks