• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission install

Bill in pa

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there any tips and secret info to installing a m35 trans mission?
I have it up in close.
But just can't seam to get the pilot bearing and splines lined up.
Thanks.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you use a clutch alignment tool? Also may help to cut the heads off some long bolts and use them to help align the transmission.

V8srfun

when installing a transmission sometimes you need to get aggressive with the push and wiggle. I have never seen a manual transmission just slide in to place without a little persuasion.

fpchief

If the clutch is aligned, it is just a matter of as V8srfun said....push and wiggle! I did mine 100% by myself and once aligned, I got under it and pushed up with my knees and feet...all of a sudden it just slammed in place. The flywheel was harder I think.

MG2936

What I do is jack up the back of the truck utill the drive line is paralled with the ground. (about 6 inches on the rear axle) If you are using a trans. jack or a chainfall it slides in much easier.

DB556

I pulled the floor panels, and made a frame out of 4x4s that sat on the floor in the cab then I used a chain hoist to pull it up from below, I took some longer bolts and put them in two of the side mounting holes to help it stay straight then with some use of my knees, and some swearing I got it to pop in.

Though that being said for such a big transmission it went in easier than the NV5400 in my jeep wrangler.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks