• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission Problem in M925

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I took my M925 out for a drive to post office. About 2.5 miles from the house I noticed that the transmission was trying to shift from 3 to 4th then back again, But as it turns out it was just slipping.
I slowed from about 20mph to about 5 mph then stopped. Put it back in gear (5-1) and it did not move, tried rev., did not move. :???:
I started to walk home, got about 50 yds and I heard the trash truck coming, YEA!! he gave me a ride to the house.
Got the M923A1 and the tow bar and headed back to the truck, got the m925 hooked and towed her home, only about 3 miles.

I checked it out this morning and fluid did not look good. So I guess it is transmission repair time.:roll:

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found a transmission and motor combo for sale in CA. Castle Bravo and I went on Tuesday and picked them up, long day but we made it home ok.
Now the work begins, But I am in no rush right now so I can take my time when I/we install it.

Attachments

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, after some thinking and a little work, the motor and transmission were ready to pull out.
Castle Bravo, my wife and I pulled the motor out and sat it on the motor stand that I built.
When we pulled it out we had a little problem and put a small hole in the oil pan((*&^%*).aua

The next weekend, I had Castle Bravo and a friend from our MV club came out to help put the new motor and transmission in. We had to get the shoe horn out, but we got it in without anyone getting hurt or anything get damaged.

I got it all hooked up and running this week. YEA!:D

Attachments

oboyjohn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You never know how badly you need a wrecker until you really need one. In the reserves, we have pulled engines with just an A frame set up and chain block. It will get the job done, but you will work a lot harder to do it. But you cannot deny the fact that a wrecker give you just so much more manouverability and control on such a job.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Albert,
Nice work, wreckers do make the difference. I should have spoke up earlier and suggested the dual fuel feed line mod while engine was still out.

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Albert,
Nice work, wreckers do make the difference. I should have spoke up earlier and suggested the dual fuel feed line mod while engine was still out.
Is there a way to do that with the engine in? Haven't looked that much yet.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Albert,
Thanks, Castle Bravo told me I need to do it. I guess I should have. Maybe next time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks