• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission PTO Studs (Spicer 3053/A)

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Good evening,

Struggling with some PTO studs that I cannot remove. Even attempting the double nut method results in stripped nuts and in-tact stud threads. Highly frustrating, never had a stud I couldn’t pull that way the first time every time. Needless to say it laughs at a pair of vice grips.

I’ve searched everywhere for the stud specs
I need total overall Length, Width, thread specs both sides etc as I feel it could help others in the future that do not want to purchase what should be a $15 kit for $50+ for some little studs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Looks like someone got happy with the red Loctite. Heat and the right tool.
Very nice! I ended up hitting them with a torch and after quenching with kroil, they received fresh nuts with a lock washer between and walked out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks