• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission upgrade

mattrains

Hello everyone. I'm looking for some guidance on converting up to the 4l80 overdrive transmission. I currently run the 6.2 and 3l80 3 speed and want better drivability.

I'm thinking about getting a new 4l80 and using the tci control box but wasn't sure if anyone has done this or knows an easier way without using the manual valve body?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Search "4L80E" on here to see what CUCV owners have done. "Richingalveston" did a successful upgrade in his M1009. Going the factory option is possible but expensive.

Jon0249

I just did the same thing. Highly recommend US Shift's Quick 4. Also went with an NP241C to get the 2HI option. Putting mine in Park is actually very satisfying. ☺ I might have a line on a 4L80e with 6k miles if you're interested. The 4L80e makes a world of difference in drivability. Kicking into OD is great, and even better when the TCC locks. If you want more info, lessons, etc., let me know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks