• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

?? Transporter, Model 741-ISO. Anyone know about them?

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got the green one of these from GL today, and don't know anything about it, except what can be gleaned from the pictures.

With ISO in the nomenclature, I can only assume it has something to do with moving ISO boxes. Not loaded or large containers, judging from the size.
My internet searches so far have turned up exactly nothing.

The wheels are interesting. At first, I thought they were the same as the M105A3, then I noticed the locking rings.

If anyone can shed light on these, or what manual I might be looking for, I would greatly appreciate hearing about it.

Cheers

Attachments

ntxcop

M813rc, I believe they are called M1022 dolly set mobilizers but I could be mistaken. There are several threads about the M1022 on here, but there also seems to be a bunch of different dolly set mobilizers for different size/weight shelters. I didn't find any that had a model number of 741. The model numbers I found were : M689 Dolly Set, Lift, Transportable Shelter NSN 2330-00-226-6076, TM 9-2330-275-14 // M720 Dolly Set, Lift, Transportable Shelter: 3-Ton NSN 2330-00-912-4251, TM 9-2330-285-14 // M832 Dolly Set, Lift, Transportable Shelter: 5 1/4-Ton NSN 2330-00-221 -4939, TM 9-2330-275-14 // M840 Dolly Set, Lift, Transportable Shelter: 4 1/2-Ton NSN 2330-00-937-1175, TM 9-2330-275-14 // M1022 Dolly Set, Lift, Transportable Shelter: 7 1/2-Ton NSN 2330-01-167-7262, TM 9-2330-379-14 Hope that helps a little.

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Each end of the unit has a different M number (front and back), so you need to get all the TM's listed above and look through them to see what weight classification your unit has.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the M720 and late-style M832 mobilizers, and have access to a buddy's old style M832 and M1022s (he has two slightly different versions), so I am familiar with them, and this one isn't any of those.

It seems to have some similarities with the M832 size-wise, but is slightly smaller than a 1022. It has some similarities with the M840 (which has similarities with the M832), but doesn't match any of the types listed.

I've looked through the various manuals, and found nothing that corresponds with this thing!

Hopefully, someone will jump in sometime and say "Oh, that's a ...."

Meanwhile, it was cheap. I'll recover it, and examine it carefully for clues. This is half the fun of the hobby. :)

Cheers

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I'm glad it was cheap. This was one of my "pig in a poke" uninspected purchases, and the first one that didn't really pan out.

On close inspection, it was obvious that this trailer had been neglected for some time prior to auction. The various fittings to attach to the container were mostly frozen solid, and no amount of penetrating oil, heat, and force seemed likely to break them loose. They bore the marks of having been beaten rather severely with a big hammer at some point in the past. All the hydraulic lines were rubbish.

I came to the realization that this trailer was not worth, to me, what it would take to restore it to working order. Still looked cool as a display item, so I didn't give up yet.

We went over to a local surplus store for a quick poke about. The owner, on seeing it, said "Cool trailer!".
I said "Let's talk".
A fair deal was made in goods-for-trailer, and it will now be yard art at the surplus store.
All's well that ends well.

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks