• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Troop seat Stake dimensions

Somemedic

Pg 354 - 360 shows what Im looking for but doesnt give dimensions on the height of the stakes or the height of the front cargo protective rack. Someone help a brother out?

Lex_Ordo

I don't know now come to think of it whether or not the troop seats and the headrack uprights have the same dimensions, but Height I know is the same.

This is the fiberglass headrack upright posts:
38" high
2 3/4" wide
1 1/4 " deep

Maybe the Height of the whole rack is 1/8" higher.

Last edited:

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where did you find a diagram with measurements? I may be building this thing from scratch.
Usually you find such right here in this Forum.....after someone took the time to make one.....:wink:

It's not to difficult but you might need a lot more info if you really need/want to make your own racks/troop seats and have them look factory made!
Let me know!

G.

BimmerPower

Banned
I like what your doing! Is there a reason as to why you are building your own as to replacing and refurbishing your old ones (if they came on the truck)? I would like to start replacing the wood on the seats and respray everything but I can't find anything on the forums as to where to start for info.

Jake0147

These are from the fiberglass version, drop side version... You really can't read the tape, but it shows the measurement...

Headache rack upright is 38 inches even.
Headache rack side support (that rests directly on the bed to set the "height" is 22.25 inches.
The side board/troop seat upright is 36 inches even.
The side board/troop seat upright from the brace (which rests on the bed rail) to the top is 22.25 inches.
The wood varies some, but on average it stands proud of the metal by .25 inches.

Attachments

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, that makes sense: no matter what version or model, the height is the same, meaning front and side racks installed always measure little over 36" above bed floor level.

G.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks