• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trucklite Headlight

fpchief

Just wondering if there is any way to save one of my headlights that flickers sometimes. Was most of the way off just now. I like the look but expensive.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Where did you get it? Not that it matters so much. Many have sold epay and surplus. I had a couple and one took a dump three months after receiving, Bought one to replace it and was not the same color. Had a greenish hue. ALL done with E pay crap and went the full Monty for two new. Fingers crossed.

The one that burned out was dissected for science. Wasn't easy to bust open and was a mess in the end. The other a questionable spare.

IF flicker is not an external connection? Basically sealed and screwed, CAMO

fpchief

Where did you get it? Not that it matters so much. Many have sold epay and surplus. I had a couple and one took a dump three months after receiving, Bought one to replace it and was not the same color. Had a greenish hue. ALL done with E pay crap and went the full Monty for two new. Fingers crossed.

The one that burned out was dissected for science. Wasn't easy to bust open and was a mess in the end. The other a questionable spare.

IF flicker is not an external connection? Basically sealed and screwed, CAMO
They came on it. I would think they were installed when it went through depot rebuild, same as those expensive little led dash lights of which I did NOT replace with the same. I may spring for a new one then....I sure like them.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
They came on it. I would think they were installed when it went through depot rebuild, same as those expensive little led dash lights of which I did NOT replace with the same. I may spring for a new one then....I sure like them.
Wonder if the flickering could be a grounding issue? Good connection - bright, bump, bump, bad connection - dim. Maybe?

fpchief

Wonder if the flickering could be a grounding issue? Good connection - bright, bump, bump, bad connection - dim. Maybe?
I did hope that was the case. Checked all of that. Then banged on everything to see if some vibration could re-create. It is definitely within the assembly. It works 95% of the time so I am definitely going to wait until it starts failing more. However, my favorite time to ride is very late evening.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I did hope that was the case. Checked all of that. Then banged on everything to see if some vibration could re-create. It is definitely within the assembly. It works 95% of the time so I am definitely going to wait until it starts failing more. However, my favorite time to ride is very late evening.
I'm with you... For some reason just around dusk - when we are hardest to see - but with the lights on gives these trucks almost a mystical glow. I thought maybe it was just me :)

Another thing I like a lot in my industrial neighborhood is the recently built bridge that I drive under. Just before an "S" curve so the speed is down - and I just can't resist lighting up the air horn under it. Incredibly loud and lots of fun. Best part is nobody but me ever knows it happened...

Wonder if Trucklite has any kind of workmanship warranty? I mean they do charge a little more than the others. Maybe that extra cost is because they are factoring in an occasional replacement.

fpchief

I'm with you... For some reason just around dusk - when we are hardest to see - but with the lights on gives these trucks almost a mystical glow. I thought maybe it was just me :)

Another thing I like a lot in my industrial neighborhood is the recently built bridge that I drive under. Just before an "S" curve so the speed is down - and I just can't resist lighting up the air horn under it. Incredibly loud and lots of fun. Best part is nobody but me ever knows it happened...

Wonder if Trucklite has any kind of workmanship warranty? I mean they do charge a little more than the others. Maybe that extra cost is because they are factoring in an occasional replacement.
I love those little things like that...nobody knows it ever happened however it is something that makes you smile. This just might be an idea for a thread.

I did call Trucklite. Talked to tech and said that there is no repair for them...they aren't made anymore.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I love those little things like that...nobody knows it ever happened however it is something that makes you smile. This just might be an idea for a thread.

I did call Trucklite. Talked to tech and said that there is no repair for them...they aren't made anymore.
Bummer on Trucklite. I guess they are like a lot of other companies. Release a new version and then abandon the old. :-( They definitely aren't the only ones that do that.

Yeah, I agree. It might be fun to read about other people doing stuff like my "horn under the bridge" adventure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks