• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tubes and flaps for 1100r16 Michelin tires

808Morgan

I see some people on here have some 1100r16 tires, I recently bought some XZL and I don't really see any tubes other than tractor tubes with a short nubby valve stem. All I can think to do is use valve stem extensions? Curious what you use, people have told me to use 900r16 tubes but another shop said it would be dangerous. I'm restoring a decent set of combat wheels to put them on but we need to figure this out.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

808Morgan

I would ask militarytires.ca as they sell the tires and might be able to point you in the right direction as some Canadian tactical vehicles use them or used them recently.
Ok thanks, I have had some people tell me the 900r16 tubes are just fine to use but I wanted a professional to tell me before I try it!

royalflush55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see some people on here have some 1100r16 tires, I recently bought some XZL and I don't really see any tubes other than tractor tubes with a short nubby valve stem. All I can think to do is use valve stem extensions? Curious what you use, people have told me to use 900r16 tubes but another shop said it would be dangerous. I'm restoring a decent set of combat wheels to put them on but we need to figure this out.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
You might look into a tractor tube with a TR218A (air, liquid valve). It has the removable valve core housing that might be a little longer than a regular TR15 rubber stem. It will also be more sturdy if you have to add an extension.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My opinion is stretching the tube is ify and in the day when I ran Western auto stores, I would not install bias tubes in place of radial (other was ok) or install the wrong size tube.
A farm radial tube might be ok but not sure what speed rating it is but the m37 is not an indy roadster either.

Last edited:

808Morgan

You might look into a tractor tube with a TR218A (air, liquid valve). It has the removable valve core housing that might be a little longer than a regular TR15 rubber stem. It will also be more sturdy if you have to add an extension.
I talked to a shop guy at Vintage Power Wagons, he says they have been putting the 900r16 tubes they carry for the Super Lugs etc.. in the 1100s and they seem to be fine. I have some tubes from my old Super Lug tires that we can try as an experiment, it may not be a problem after all, I trust the VPW people.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks