• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turn signal control plug rebuild?

18operator

C51440A7-E985-4F32-9458-5BBBED73CE28.jpeg0088562B-4A6F-47E2-A2C6-9FB536B88656.jpegHey all. I found the wires going into the female end of the turn signal control plug were frayed. Is it possible to rebuild the female end of the plug? The controller still works. I just don’t like having exposed wires. Before I damage the plug, I figured I’d pose the question. 18BC35F5-61B0-4727-83EF-B6E938F3A2C2.jpeg

Guyfang

Staff member
You should be able to take the plug apart. The pins can be removed. If the wire is just soldered in the pin, you can replace it. If its crimped, well, there are ways to fix it, but most are crappy ways. We did it, because there was no way to get just the plug, back in 1970's. Later we had repair kits, pins and plugs. Clean it up and then stick it back into the turn signal. Dont screw it it, just stick it in. Take a wrench and turn the plug head off.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks