• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turned 16, so time to drive!

mattg2448

I took it to the pump for the first time, and drove it for the matter of fact for the first time! And that's my dad i took for a ride..

Best time of my life!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYhO8VcTVRg[/media]

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
awesome!! keep those wheels turning! im 26 and i know what it feels to take your first drive in it. it feels huge to drive but after you get used to it, its not bad at all. you'll be squeezing that into small parking spots at school in no time! wish i had my deuce in highschool, it would have been awesome! i did have my 1940 Ford Street Rod, so i wasnt without a sick ride :smile:

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I grew up in Port Huron, graduated from Northern HS in 1982, which I had had a deuce then, just a rusty old chevy pickup. Congrats!

mattg2448

Thanks! I have the choice between this or a Ford f350, so, either way, I'm driving BIG!. But I got super discouraged because diesel went up 17 cents a gallon today.. Sickening.. It should be interesting though, wonder what the school is gonna think!

zout

Nice video and congratulations - I would have had my son stop at McDonalds and buy me chow before we went to fuel up - but that is just me. MMMM sausage egg mcmuffin and MV ride.

91W350

Rock On! Matt, when I was 16 I got to drive a couple of gas deuces around for about 4 years. I spent a lot of time chasing one in hay fields. We used the deuce to pick up bales and escalate them to the hay trailer. Little did I know it would be a 36 year dry spell before I got to drive another. I thought my 17 year old would be wanting to drive the deuce when I bought it, but he does not seem to care at all about it. He almost resents it for some reason. I wish he would show some of the interest you do. That non synchronized low gear snagged me too, tell Dad I ground a pound for him too. You have to love the gutsy sound of a D turbo. Good job man! The truck looks and sounds really good, I hope you enjoy it, be safe young man. Glen

Tahoe

Congratulations Mr. Matt!

Driving a Duece definitely will peg out your fun meter.

Time to start collecting used motor oil to help offset those diesel prices.

Tahoe

Flyingvan911

Have fun. Also remember to drive safely and politely. Each of us represents the entire MV hobby each time we drive our toys and we don't want people to be mad at us.

Nice video, good driving.

oddshot

Congrats ... and thanks for the GREAT VID!!!

My sons are a bit older than you (43 and 26) but they live in New Jersey ... and, except for pictures, neither have even SEEN my Deuce yet.

It was great watching you have so much fun!

Is you Dad gonna let you take your girl to the Prom in it? [thumbzup]

oddshot

Dave87

Thats AWESOME!!! I couldnt think of a better first vehicle. The school will be less then pleased but i think its ok to ruffle some feathers.

mattg2448

Have fun. Also remember to drive safely and politely. Each of us represents the entire MV hobby each time we drive our toys and we don't want people to be mad at us.

Nice video, good driving.
10-4 On that!

I drive responsible at all times, drive it like a semi rig, under the speed limit at least 3-5 mph, if not more, coast while coming to an intersection(light can change quickly!).. I follow far away from the person in front of me.

And i figure, i have a weapon, a weapon that can kill some one, easily. So i keep that on my mind at all times.

I try my best to be safe..

Thanks!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Congratulations Matt-that's awesome!

:beer: <--- non-alcoholic :p

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
girls like deuces too.... trust me on that one ;-) its almost like the old vans they had back in the 70's!.... except, heavier, taller, wider, and a removable rear cover where the "van" would be. you're definately going to have fun with it! I agree with Dave87, its ok to ruffle some feathers as long as you have a good track record with the principal. i did, so i only got one day of detention when i did 11 doughnuts in the newly paved parking lot. the truck went around so smooth too and had a nice low low cloud of smoke! no cars were in the parking lot when i did it by the way. my dad and i built the truck, so i had repsect for it..... but had fun with it also ;-) keep up the MV hobby buddy, its up to us young bucks!:grd:

Attachments

mattg2448

girls like deuces too.... trust me on that one ;-) its almost like the old vans they had back in the 70's!.... except, heavier, taller, wider, and a removable rear cover where the "van" would be. you're definately going to have fun with it! I agree with Dave87, its ok to ruffle some feathers as long as you have a good track record with the principal. i did, so i only got one day of detention when i did 11 doughnuts in the newly paved parking lot. the truck went around so smooth too and had a nice low low cloud of smoke! no cars were in the parking lot when i did it by the way. my dad and i built the truck, so i had repsect for it..... but had fun with it also ;-) keep up the MV hobby buddy, its up to us young bucks!:grd:
I'm more of a casual guy, the kind that don't mind waiting in traffic, and I stay out of trouble.. Sometimes.. Ok, my teaches hate me, but my principle thinks its funny!

And i dont have any thing that would pull a doughnut, not even a burnout! All i have to drive is a chevy cargo van, ford f350, and a deuce and a half! :grd:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks