• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turret Support Pillar - M1045/6

BLK HMMWV

You got a lot going on in that WTB post.
There is more to a turret support then a B pillar.
You have C pillar?
You have bearing and related pieces.
You have weapons tray .
Hatch?
Sponsons?

Crows nest to me implies you want a cupola.
So what exactly do you have?
1046 was a T.O.W
You want T.O.W related stuff?

Or are you really just looking for the B pillar?

F.A. Duk

Have a M1046A. Have C Pillar. Want a turret support ring which in essence is the B pillar. Will build piece by piece unless I find a complete kit

Last edited:

BLK HMMWV

Have a M1046A. Have C Pillar. Want a turret support ring which in essence is the B pillar. Will build piece by piece unless I find a complete kit
Good luck on the complete kit.
Try
86humv here on the boards for major pieces.
I have a bearing (black one)
Also have pretty much a complete T.O.W system if you want to go full tilt 1046.
happy hunting
BH

Action

There are RH and LH b-pillar support tubes that hold up the turret support ring.
Does your c-pillar have a “crushed” tube shape with tabs welddd to it? Or is it a round tube all the wat across the gap beyween sponsons?

F.A. Duk

There are RH and LH b-pillar support tubes that hold up the turret support ring.
Does your c-pillar have a “crushed” tube shape with tabs welddd to it? Or is it a round tube all the wat across the gap beyween sponsons?
Looking for the support ring for a TOW unit. The B Pillar support tube aren’t hard to get but if included all the better. The C Pillar is the single connection point to the support ring and what I have now is the GovPlanet replacement which would be replaced as well.

BLK HMMWV

Looking for the support ring for a TOW unit. The B Pillar support tube aren’t hard to get but if included all the better. The C Pillar is the single connection point to the support ring and what I have now is the GovPlanet replacement which would be replaced as well.
so basically you need a complete turret support, A pillar brackets and backing plates, and a slant back C pillar tube.
As well as bearing ,hatch ,weapons tray ,locking mechanism ?

Gamble

Any thoughts on fabricating something that would work with the govplanet B pillar? Otherwise you're looking at about 9k or more

JetbikeAnt

I was looking to replace my Turret as well, but I then went the other direction and bought a DOD Roof without the hole. I'm looking forward to installing the Thermal / Noise reduction insulation across the entire Roof before installation. I say this because I also was going to replace my Turret, but that is expensive and I heard they all leak. Just something to think about as you continue your HUMVEE journey! I'm all for keeping it as stock as possible, but my A2 is my daily driver and some creature comfort enhancements that don't stray too far from the Military vision can't be too bad for the purest. Just my .02

Gamble

Has anyone considered making a custom fitted piece that bolts onto the existing GovPlanet B Pillar and provides a platform for the bearing to sit upon, think like a saucer or dish in which the bearing can sit in and a 'cover' or 'hatch' on top of the bearing with a locking meachanism? Obviously, the locking mechanism would only permit a 180 degree spin as it wouldnt be able to clear the backside of the GovPlanet B pillar but it provides a number of options if this could be done. Obviously there wouldnt be a gunner's position atop the turret but you could do some pretty slick automated things with the turret.

BLK HMMWV

Has anyone considered making a custom fitted piece that bolts onto the existing GovPlanet B Pillar and provides a platform for the bearing to sit upon, think like a saucer or dish in which the bearing can sit in and a 'cover' or 'hatch' on top of the bearing with a locking meachanism? Obviously, the locking mechanism would only permit a 180 degree spin as it wouldnt be able to clear the backside of the GovPlanet B pillar but it provides a number of options if this could be done. Obviously there wouldnt be a gunner's position atop the turret but you could do some pretty slick automated things with the turret.
No most opted for the OEM parts

Gamble

Drive a 2-door !
Lol. 1045s and 1046s are 4 doors my man.

Someone or myself once I find time will come up with a solution for this issue by fabricating a platform that will secure itself to the bolts in the gov planet pillars

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked into fabrication of the turret support. My plate roll guy says rolling flat bar aluminum into the ring will cause the bar to crack. So that leaves waterjetting the ring out of thick plate and machining the remaining features. This option is very expensive. So I continue my search for a OEM ring. “THUNK” what was that? A ring going in a scrap hopper at a demil facility …

Attachments

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked into fabrication of the turret support. My plate roll guy says rolling flat bar aluminum into the ring will cause the bar to crack. So that leaves waterjetting the ring out of thick plate and machining the remaining features. This option is very expensive. So I continue my search for a OEM ring. “THUNK” what was that? A ring going in a scrap hopper at a demil facility …
I was in talks with the OEM Mfg to make more of these, they are out of production, but if I ordered about 100 at $2200 ea, they would retool back up….not.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see no reason why the ring can’t be made from stainless steel or regular steel bar. Sure there will be slow galvanic issues BUT especially stainless will minimize that.

Unless of course you’re worried about weight... LOL.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks