• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Two new toys :)

Tommy Frantz

I picked up my two new toys yesterday in Ft. Meade. Got an M923A2 and an M925A1; we drove them home to Salem, Va with no problem whatsoever. We did have to jump-start the 923 because someone at GL left the master switch on. At first brush, it looks like everything works INCLUDING the CTIS!

IMG_0425.JPGIMG_0428.JPG

Tommy :)

Tommy Frantz

The noise level wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Its a LOT quieter than a Mack B-61 I used to have---its air intake passed through the cabin under the dash and the resulting noise from the turbo was akin to having a jet engine at full power in the passenger seat.

Tommy

mcmullag

On these 900 series you don't need hearing protection. You can have a conversation with a passenger while driving along, it's nothing like a deuce. My 923a2 has full rubber matting in the cab floor, not just steel like a deuce. It has a exhaust system existing behind the cab, with a large muffler. With the truck sitting still, running 1500 rpm it sounds like a muffled gen set. Has noise insulation around the engine attached to the hood. I can relate to the shaking in the first vid. My truck had flat spotted tires when I picked it up, shook bad for the first 600 miles from NV but the last 200 miles it got much better. : ) Thanks for posting the info and pics and vids. Best of luck with your trucks.View attachment 453738View attachment 453739

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks