• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

type of tags?

anthony3478

Hey guys just want to know what kind of tags you all are running on your Deuce, Im in Alabama and dont really know what I want to run for tags yet, i.e.
FARM, Vintage, commerical??

WeBeJeepin

In Mississippi I bought the cheapest tag I could get. $28.50 one time for life for an antique tag as long as I agreed that it is strictly for hobby/pleasure and no commercial. Then again, I live in Mississippi so I could use the truck for whatever I want and get away with it. A B16 tag for commercial use was going to be about $90 per year.

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I first registered mine as a Jeep van= $25.00. Then I learned of the big fines associated with not paying the weight fee. So I turned that tag in and paid WGT for 22,000 lbs = $274.00.
Alex

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Historical plates here in Ohio. I think my plates expire in 50 years and cost me around$25. I didn't get the trucks to do commercial work. I got them because I wanted the trucks, even if I only drive them around our fields.

sw

scrapman

Regular tag $140 yr. Unlimited use & is prorated by the month so if you buy in August you pay for 5 mo. Antique tags are under $50 lifetime but are limited to use & miles.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Commercial tags here in Ohio, for 26,000 GVW runs me about $186/year and my commercial insurance policy runs me about $130/ year

jrou111

In Alabama, if you just want cheap plates and don't plan on driving it much, just go with Antique plates. It's a $30 one time fee, and the tag/registration go with the vehicle.

If you want to drive it alot, or use it for work, get a farm/ag plate. I think it's $50/year. Wreckerman has one so he may be able to tell you exactly.

If you want to go with a regular tag (get the flag one! :)) it's around $270/year because of the weight class.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks