• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Video Of FMTV RV Build, Cool Interior.

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I finally got myself a shelter for the bed of Myrtle, my M1083A1, to convert into a habitat. I've been looking around for ideas for the build and looking at numerous videos. I seen this video today of a build, but what got my attention was the interior of the cab. They even have a helicopter joy stick inside beside the drivers seat to do several functions. It's a pretty cool interior.

The interior of the cab starts at 10:58

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I finally got myself a shelter for the bed of Myrtle, my M1083A1, to convert into a habitat. I've been looking around for ideas for the build and looking at numerous videos. I seen this video today of a build, but what got my attention was the interior of the cab. They even have a helicopter joy stick inside beside the drivers seat to do several functions. It's a pretty cool interior.

The interior of the cab starts at 10:58

My interior turned out pretty good though I haven't built the top center radio mount yet but everything else turned out great! Let me know if y'all want me to do a panning video of the interior and post some dimensions I certainly can

Mavcaster

My interior turned out pretty good though I haven't built the top center radio mount yet but everything else turned out great! Let me know if y'all want me to do a panning video of the interior and post some dimensions I certainly can
I’d love to see it. I’m working out ideas for when the time comes but just trying to get the kinks worked out in the vehicle itself before I start down that road.

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh heck yeah. Like they say on here, no pictures (video) it didn’t happen.nopics

Don’t fault me if I borrow some of your great ideas😜

Third From Texas

As soon as my build is done, I plan on putting some ridiculous price on it, like $200k. Not that I'm interested in selling, but every man's got a price and if someone wants to pay that kind of money, I'd be happy to sell.

Then I could buy a 7 ton and start over!

Between the military surplus/collector community and the "overland adventure vehicle" world, apparently there are no bounds and P.T. Barnum was 200% correct.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks