• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Visit to Helena,MT by a B-25 Mitchell

Here are some pictures of a B25 that arrived in Helena yesterday. The other man with me in the picture had his dad in WW2 and was a pilot on a plane in the South Pacific.I'm on the left and he's on the right in the first picture.The plane is here until Sunday. elkhunter The helicopter is on another thread and was going to a fire (Black Beach Fire) last night around 6:30 PM and flew directly over our home here at Holter Lake, approximately 11 air miles from Helena.The fire is around 5 to 6 miles away. elkhunter

Attachments

Jeff Nelson

Ok, I have to brag a little. That B-25J is one that my guys and I wired for the CAF here in Arizona. Still need to get my ride in it, though. We're doing another one right now for the CAF in Camarillo, CA. Both are great groups to work with.:D

Kaiserjeeps

Great pictures Walt! What a great looking plane. And the sound those motors make is awesome.

I was just going to send you a PM. Liz and I are going to tackle your tent rain fly soon. We got a machine out and will be getting on it this next week. That camo
has quite the odor. :D Sorry it's taking so long. We are prepping for winter here.

Great post on the B-25!

Great pictures Walt! What a great looking plane. And the sound those motors make is awesome.

I was just going to send you a PM. Liz and I are going to tackle your tent rain fly soon. We got a machine out and will be getting on it this next week. That camo
has quite the odor. :D Sorry it's taking so long. We are prepping for winter here.

Great post on the B-25!
Thanks Kaiserjeeps! Will PM you after this reply. elkhunter

mhassett

B-25

My Father flew a PBJ for the Marines in WWII..
Carried no guns, just rockets and a camera.
My Hero.
MHassett
Bush, LA

MarcusOReallyus

Oh, sweet! :beer:

As a high school kid, I got to ride out and spend a day at Chino Airport in southern California (where I lived). Along with quite a few other WWII era birds, there were two Mitchells there that had been used in "Catch-22" (or so we were told) and another partial one in another fenced area. Couldn't get very close, but it was still hog heaven to my buddy & I.

I'd sure love to see one fly!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks