• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vocabulary limits test

dependable

Last week I tried to include the word 'profligate' (which means casual or wasteful spending or use of resources) in attempt for a touch of humor in a reply.After posting, the word had a rolling smiley face in the middle of it, with some of the letters gone. Was wondering if this was some kind of real time editing or some 'bad word blocker' that was a little indiscrimanant.

Seems the rolling smiley is still there. Besides using capital letters and correct punctuation, are we expected to limit our lexicon on this site?

Last edited:

KsM715

The combo r-o-l-f automatically brings up the "smiley" Rolling On Floor Laughing

In some instances the number eight will bring one of the smileys up, you see it alot when someone types 1008

dependable

Thanks KsM715, that answers that, 'cause r o l f are the missing letters in that word, had no idea what was up. Sorry about the big werds, just a yard care dude by trade, but I reads a lot of books.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can turn that feature off so that it does not automatically take letters and put an emoticon in place.

dependable

Thanks, I'll try to figure that out. or I will not use the word pro flig ate again. Though it could be a useful word when describing the govments destruction of good MVs.

(Originally, I was just trying to goof on someone's reluctance to try spraying some lube at a squeaky bearing.)

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can turn that feature off so that it does not automatically take letters and put an emoticon in place.
I just scrolled through the settings and was unable to locate an obvious way to turn it off. Would you be so kind as to explain which setting is used to accomplish this?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To correct the smiley after you posted(and see a smiley instead of the text you wanted), click edit post, then click go advanced, then check the disable smilies in text, then click save changes.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks