• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Volt/Battery/Gen-Meter

allenhillview

Hello its been a while since posting. 1008 PICKUP

Today cold weather here in east Tn. Meter went to nothing, gen lights(both1and2) are functioning as should, off when excited!

Sun is in my eyes so I can't see if the bulb is still working with lights on-It was last night, always checking that, along with levels of charge.

Question is. Am I OK to run till a ebay one comes or someone's stash whom I haven't found yet?

Keith_J

Is the needle all the way left? They can hang up there, a hit with the hand can dislodge it. The problem is the needle can crash on the dial face where the face curves out, hanging it up. Movement force isn't enough to dislodge. But some pimp slapping is.

allenhillview

Yes that hang up has happened, but this time no go, I watched it fall and not come back. Ordered the R8661 24v from ISS-PRO , need info on anyone using it?

Vendor said one wire in one wire out with a 24v bulb, what is our bulb (24v or 12V) stock form? Had that apart a lot for dash access but never looked at the number of wires on the back.

Any help(info) would be nice, sure I can get down the TM's .

allenhillview

If the resister fails? does it kill the gauge itself? to the point of no fixing it? (the gauge).

I'm guess you can't just replace resister and all be well again?

Last edited:

Drock

On mine the needle was getting stuck down to the left. If I smacked it, it would come back to life. I was able to fix it by carefully taking it apart and bending the needle towards the glass.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks