• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Voltage Regulator

sarge351

I also have a Bad Voltage Regulator, Part # 76761-N3207. I also need a replacement. I am finding none on the market. I did test the Exciter circuit, which is working. I also did the Fuel Solenoid jump test. Both point to a bad Voltage Regulator.

Does anyone have a spare N3207 Niehoff Voltage Regulator?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I will try to do it this week. Have to see what running truck I have that has the compatible alternator. I dont know of any way to bench test them. Also if you are doing the fuel solenoid jump test you need to have both original regulator wires disconnected before you do it. The AC post is an AC voltage output and a shorted wire on that terminal can drag down the regulator. Unless you are driving a tach or other accessory specifically from that output, no first gen lmtv should have anything connected to that terminal. I have seen the ac voltage find its way onto the dc system and now you have a ripple.

sarge351

I spoke to CE Niehoff this week. They told me they have No means of testing the Voltage Regulators, let alone repairing them. Basicly, they do a Diagnosis of Exclusion, by swapping out for a known "Good" VR unit. Piss poor design if you ask me. Really makes me question this whole LMTV experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Most of the alternators in today's military trucks are niehoff and use a variation of the module style regulator. If the alternator is spinning and you have voltage at the regulation terminal to excite the alternator then it should make power. Niehoff has some troubleshooting guides available online. Try pulling off a m939 alternator regulator and bench testing that thing. It's a lot easier to swap the niehoff regulator.

mechanicjim

Anybody know what the interchange is on these? Seems like as long as the plug is the same, the VR will interchange.
the only way to see if there are different options in VR would be from the Installation Guide or Troubleshooting guide of the Alternator Model, if there are different model VRs they Should be listed there.
but for N1511 there was only the N3207. also as a side note on some Niehoff alternators /VRs they use different pin-outs some time with the same connector so don't assume just cause it plugs in it will work.

Berend

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have 15 new old stock N-3207 voltage regulators, they are listed on eBay also sinds today. If anybody is interested let me know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks