• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VT to Anneville PA

This Friday (6/18 ) I will be recovering a Deuce from Ft Indiantown Gap in PA. This is my first recovery, and I will be attempting to drive it back if everything seems good. If something goes wrong, would there be anybody willing to help us out with either storage, or just technical help? We will be traveling back on I-81, I-88, and I-87. Thanks guys.

Coal Cracker

I live off of I-81 about 45 min north of The Gap. I'm off at the Rt.309 Mcadoo Exit. I have safe storage, and tools onsite, I can be of assistance in an emergency, I have a towbar and a deuce, but dire emergency use only. Good Luck

rlwm211

I am 35 miles north of Binghamton, and 12 miles from 88 in Sidney. Feel free to contact me via pm for cell number to have just in case you need help.

RL

rneely

I picked up my Deuce in Oct of 2008 and ahead called to set up a time. Mike met me at the gate half an hour early and was very helpful. I needed a bolt to attach the exhaust pipe and he went looking and came back with one. Also if you get in a jam and need a tow or a place to have your truck parked temporarily call H&S Towing (717) 469-7093 (Dispatcher is Jodie). They are located just off the post and have picked up trucks many times. I had them lined up just encase I had trouble.
Good Luck and have fun.

transman

Am located about 1 hr. west ofI81 I80 junction Iwill be in Jersey fishin' on fri &sat but if things go very wrong and you're in need of anything sunday ring me @570 637 3065 I have tools and an assortment of 2&1/2 stuff around . hopefully you will be way home by the time i get back to the area . Good luck !

paulfarber

I'm in Gordon, Exit 119 off 81 so if something goes wrong QUICK you can park it (and I have tools/gantry etc).

PM if you want my cell. I work swing shifts, so I will be at work Fri/sat/sun but can talk you to the house and get you to some tools or to park it.

nhdiesel

I wish I had seen the earlier posts...I would have volunteered for a road trip if he could have used extra manpower/wrenching knowledge. Hopefully he's O.K.

Jim

vtdeucedriver

just walked in the door, everything went well, thanks guys. Truck started right up, and drove the 450 miles with no problems:driver: I will post about it tomorrow
SWEET!!!!! glad the trip went well. Hope you got pics!!!

Be nice to see another deuce in town................BTW, I know where you live as you bought your manual from a friend of mine!! HEHE

www.gmmvc.org
Dont forget our Rally!!!!
July 8-9-10 Northfield Vermont Military Vehicle Show

What a trip we drove down Thursday and stopped at every Napa on the way looking for fuel filters. We had batteries, belts, light bulbs, fluids and grease. We got over to the Gap at 11:30am and met up with Preacherboy and Mike from GL showed up at 11:45 which was great because I was to have a 2:00 load out.
There were alot of deuces in the yard still, my deuce was just as it was described in has a LDS 465 Mike offered to slave it to get it going but the batteries were charged and all the fluids were up checked the tires and lights everything worked. I couldn't stop grinning!!!
Preacherboy's truck was missing gauges and had one flat, his batteries were dead and after the truck was running it wasn't charging maybe because the amp gauge was missing he was going to Wal Mart for batteries. We went to fuel up and added some diesel 911 to take care of any water in the tank.
Out on the highway the truck drove okay it took a hundred miles before the tires got round again. Pulling the hills in PA were fun the LDS is a runner and would go 60+ passing loaded 18 wheelers. 12 hours and 450 miles later we showed up at my house in Colchester VT :driver:

Preacherboy

Fredo, good to meet you and glad you got home safe and sound. We got home this afternoon, never could get any of the lights to work so we had to sleep at a hotel once it got dark.

Our guess is the alternator/generator. I will probably take it somewhere to have it tested and rebuilt if necessary. We decided against batteries as they wouldn't have lasted the night running the lights if the alternator was dead. We will put the 6tl's on the charger and see if they hold a charge. I also have that gauge too to put on the truck.

Once again, thanks for your help!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks