• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wait light stays lite and clicking noise

Rprovax1

Have a problem on my 1986 Humvee M998. I changed the rear drivers side taillight and side marker. Taillight is old bulb style and side marker is LED. Hooked all wires back up and grounds also. Everything cleaned and dielectric grease applied. Went to start vehicle and when I click it wait it stays lite and there is a clicking noise every couple seconds. Truck ran before I changed lights. Also I made sure it's in neutral and both batteries are at 12.6 volts each. Any suggestions to get my baby fixed??

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will have nothing to do with the lights you changed, have you disconnected the batteries for about 15 min. then tried again?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You should put a voltmeter (or install a dash light as I have suggested to everyone) connected to one of the glow plugs and make sure the glow plugs do not have steady power for more than 8-10 sec. or they will burn out.
That clicking you are hearing may be the afterglow, the box pulsing the glow plugs.
Are you saying the truck will not even crank?

Rprovax1

You should put a voltmeter (or install a dash light as I have suggested to everyone) connected to one of the glow plugs and make sure the glow plugs do not have steady power for more than 8-10 sec. or they will burn out.
That clicking you are hearing may be the afterglow, the box pulsing the glow plugs.
Are you saying the truck will not even crank?
Truck cranks but doesn't start.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks