Want to buy a cucv in Texas/Houston area.

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

Corey8131

Trying to fine a cucv in Houston tx, looking for a m1008,m1028a2 or m1009. Trucks that are runners Are preferred. Although complete and have good engine/trans and are just Projects are welcome also. Just not looking for units that are completely fixed up or in perfect shape.

Last edited:

Craig504

Trying to fine a cucv in Houston tx, looking for a m1008,m1028a2 or m1009. Trucks that are runners Are preferred. Although complete and have good engine/trans and are just Projects are welcome also. Just not looking for units that are completely fixed up or in perfect shape.
I have a 1985 M1009 CUCV in a storage unit in Cypress. I bought it at auction in 2011. When it was delivered, I put two new batteries in it, started it up, drove it around a parking lot, and it has been in a storage unit ever since.
I believe the odometer shows about 61k miles.
I have a title for it. vin 1G8ED18J8FF151004
I was thinking of listing it for around 6k, but because of the coronavirus issue, I didn't think there would be much of a market for it right now.

edit: the battaries are obviously no longer good.

Last edited:

Corey8131

Man that sounds good and dang your close. But to be honest I’m in the 2-3k range here. If you could be in that range I’m in. But to be honest 6k is not workable for me right now. I do appreciate the response and the details. Does sounds like an alright truck. But if your are, I’m prob 15min or so from you.
thabks

Craig504

Man that sounds good and dang your close. But to be honest I’m in the 2-3k range here. If you could be in that range I’m in. But to be honest 6k is not workable for me right now. I do appreciate the response and the details. Does sounds like an alright truck. But if your are, I’m prob 15min or so from you.
thabks
I could go down a bit, but I think we are too far apart. I've held on to it this long wanting to restore it, but just been working out of town too long. Good luck. If things change, I will let you know

Bryan2500

I have a 1985 M1009 CUCV in a storage unit in Cypress. I bought it at auction in 2011. When it was delivered, I put two new batteries in it, started it up, drove it around a parking lot, and it has been in a storage unit ever since.
I believe the odometer shows about 61k miles.
I have a title for it. vin 1G8ED18J8FF151004
I was thinking of listing it for around 6k, but because of the coronavirus issue, I didn't think there would be much of a market for it right now.

edit: the battaries are obviously no longer good.
Send me pics

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks