• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

waste oil pump setup

indy4x4fab

Banned
heres the parts im looking to use to make my waste oil pump and filtering set up. now check me u-all.

stage 1 the pump which flows 10.34 per min.
1" Clear Water Pump
pressure gauge after pump before filter
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_48185_48185

stage 2, two water filter running paralle to each other to prevent filtering problems.
Goldenrod, Water-Block Fuel Filter 496 With Water Absorbing - 0189529 | Tractor Supply Company
15 micron
pressure gauge after first filter before second filter

stage 3
Fuel Filter With Metal Can - 3958383 | Tractor Supply Company
10 micron
pressure gauge after second filter before third filter

stage 4
Donaldson EFF9092 Endurance Spin On Fuel Filter - Filter Distribution, Inc.
5 micron

stage 5
Electronic Digital Fuel Meter - 3958163 | Tractor Supply Company
which i just happen to have (free)

the five micron is because ill be running this threw my deuce and my m1028.

Last edited:

pacebm

Looks like a good setup. The pump may have some difficulty when it gets cold or you get a thick batch of oil. If this happens, go ahead and add a little diesel to the oil to thin it up.
Best of luck.

paulfarber

Is this supposed to be all connected in line?

If so, you will not know what filter is clogged.. fluid pressure gauges are about $10 a pop for <100psi.

Mechanical Oil Pressure Gauge, 0~100 PSI with Mounting Bracket

Quite a few people are running towards those TSC Goldenrod water filters, they are not separators, they are filters that will clog/stop/restrict flow and build system pressure... enough pressure and you burst the media... and get no filtering. The filter box claims 'about a cup' of water held in the media. That's $15 per cup of water removed. Does not say if its free or emulsified water.

Any safe fluid system will include a relief valve and several pressure gauges to monitor the filters. Not to mention valves to isolate the filters for changing.

You can do it on the cheap if you are creative about the plumbing.

Taurus454

Great post, alot of thought put into it, thank you very much! Hopefully I can set this up one day. What are you using to store the fuel in please, if you don't mind my asking?

Tom

indy4x4fab

Banned
im pricing out out all the filters and that threw work and i may end up having to buy enough filters to make two of these deals so i would be willing to set one of u guys up with this same deal, buy dont quote me on this just yet.

bigugh20

Quite a few people are running towards those TSC Goldenrod water filters, they are not separators, they are filters that will clog/stop/restrict flow and build system pressure... enough pressure and you burst the media... and get no filtering. The filter box claims 'about a cup' of water held in the media. That's $15 per cup of water removed. Does not say if its free or emulsified water.

Seems like a water separator with drain followed by a single absorbent type to remove emulsified moisture may be more economical to operate. Anyone have a lead on a cheap separator?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks