• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Water / Solvent CARC texture

donquijote

Question for the people who have used the water and solvent based carc paints. Is the water based actually smoother than the solvents? I read that on the Sherwin-Williams website, and having trouble talking with someone who has actually used both there. I like the rough sandpaper grit finish personally, and want stick with solvent based if the water is a smoother finish. Thanks!

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Both the type 9 and the water based are pretty smooth, but that can be controlled through the size of your tip.
The WB CARC does require an activator, the solvent based singal stage CARC does not, you can reduce it with MEK or acetone. I personally only use the solvent based, as it is cheaper overall, what with not having to buy the activator.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks