• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Waxahachie, TX car show.

Blueduce

Well fellas, looks like we can score one for Bluedeuce and Steel Soldiers everywhere. I took Bluedeuce to a local car show this afternoon and she did quite well. There where about forty other entry's in the show and about ten of them where in my class. (Special interest vehicle)

I didn't win anything in my class. And no wonder. The blue/white "Shelby signed" Shelby next to me was my competition. The Shelby obviously took best in class and best in show. However, out of all forty entry's Bluedeuce won "Trade days of Waxahachie Pick"
It's kinda like a trophy that the trade days owners award there favorite vehicle in that show.

Sorry if I sound like I'm blowing my own horn here but this is kinda big for me. It was Bluedeuce's first show, My first show ever and my first win.

Yes the picks are Bluedeuce. I've done a bit of work on her. Enjoy.

Attachments

Blueduce

I made contact with the management of the trade show and he has this car show twice a year. The next one is Oct 14. I talked to him about a third yearly show at this location. A show for MV's only. He was super excited about the Idea. I also talked to the company that sponsored an ran this show. They would be willing to get involved with us and an all MV car show.

This means that the $$ and advertising should be covered to have the show. All we would need to do is show up with our rigs. We would also have to come up with our own categories like wwII vehicles or Kaiser/Jeep maybe even a category for ugliest or muddiest MV.

You fellas tell me what you would want to have and I'll get the wheels rolling. I would also like any suggestions for a Month to hold it. I would not want to conflict with any other rallies or events in the area.

I was also thinking that we could use this MV only show to generate some publicity for SS and our local MV collector clubs as well. Would love to hear your ideas.

Attachments

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congratulations! Like Ridgerunner said, you were in some might fine company and it says a lot that your Deuce was able to so closely compete with such fine autos. Good job!

joshs1ofakindxj

Congrats!

Was that a suggestion box I spotted on the front bumper there? haha

Nothing beats the first car show buzzinhalfdozzin (Pat) took his M818 to. He had just purchased it, and took it to the car show, poor paint and old NDTs and everything, and he was parked next to a real show winner. Some muscle car that would make any head turn. You would think a guaranteed winner for best of show.

Well the story goes something like they started carrying the best of show trophy over his way and he turned to the guy with the show stopped next to his truck to congratulate him, and to both of their surprise the trophy was placed in front of the M818 and Pat won. The guy with the muscle car didn't say anything, he just packed up and left haha.

I chuckle every time I think of that. I wish I could of been there.

Blueduce

I would have loved to see the look on the muscle car owners face:?...:mad:...
It wasn't a suggestion box it was a donation box. Long story short I medically retired from the Army in 2009 because I blew up my shoulder in 2007 and spent the next two years in the Wounded Warrior Program on Ft. Hood. I did all my rehab there and that program did a great deal for me and my family.I donate the collection to the WWP and my local VA Hospital.

You gotta try to give back when you can. Glenn

Atomic

I think that is a Superformance Daytona. Shelby had a stake in the company and sued Factory Five a couple of times. He really didn't like F5R and didn't sign many, but he did sign some.

Cool pics and great looking truck.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
There's no way that's a real Daytona. I know the world is full of stupid people and some of them are filthy rich but no one could possibly be ignorant enough to mount a radio in a real Daytona.

I think that is a Superformance Daytona. Shelby had a stake in the company and sued Factory Five a couple of times. He really didn't like F5R and didn't sign many, but he did sign some.

Cool pics and great looking truck.

Shelby sued EVERYBODY-he really tarnished his reputation in the last 10-15 years. Just suing any- and everyone he could for anything having to do with kit cars, the Shelby likeness/name, etc.

Atomic

Yeah, he kinda went off the deep end. I wonder if we will ever know the real reason behind it or if it was just as it seemed, as in some old guy pyning for the days glory past. :?

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Way to score Glenn!

Dang man, I wish I was feeling better. I would have LOVED to have been down there. I'm still under the weather. I HATE A SUMMER COLD (spring cold?)...

Did we forget the mvcc sign? lol - not that you needed it for sure

looking good! - we will have to discuss a time frame for 'your MV show' - you can fly back down and drive one of mine over...

MVCC website updated - Waxahachie Car Show

Last edited:

Blueduce

How'd I know you where gonna ask me about the MVCC sign;-). The sign was on the chair on the drivers side of the truck. It got put up before pick was taken.

Atomic, Sorry about the Daytona answer for the Shelby. That's what I thought he told me. I could be very wrong. I obviously know squat about Shelby.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks