• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wehring - Continental AC70 chevron tires and locker

wehring

I have not posted in a long time so i want to share some info. Installed one of Steve's lockers in the rear and decided to remove the XZLs and try some more agressive tires. Same dia as the 395s but wider. MPT bead but I found a set of 20x11 hutchinson MPT wheels. They are only rated for 7000# ea so they are not the 12,500 # XZLs. They are much lighter also. They do not rub at full lock left and right.

Going to run them in the mud tomorrow and will let you know how they work out.

Dont know how to post pics in this new web format

Justin Wehring

ramdough

I have not posted in a long time so i want to share some info. Installed one of Steve's lockers in the rear and decided to remove the XZLs and try some more agressive tires. Same dia as the 395s but wider. MPT bead but I found a set of 20x11 hutchinson MPT wheels. They are only rated for 7000# ea so they are not the 12,500 # XZLs. They are much lighter also. They do not rub at full lock left and right.

Going to run them in the mud tomorrow and will let you know how they work out.

Dont know how to post pics in this new web format

Justin Wehring
I can't wait to see/read your review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coachgeo

.......Dont know how to post pics in this new web format...
in box you type your post in.. the little icons on top..

. click the next to last one. Looks like it is a drawing of a photo of a tree. That will open another box.
. In this box you can select either a tab for downloading from your own harddrive or the other tab which is used when pic already resides at a URL such as if your photo is hosted somewhere like Photobook and you want to download to this board.

IMHO it is always best to download a copy to this board.

wehring

No. custom bimini style top. Go to the beach and pitch a hammock under the shade but like the sides open. Got tired of hitting my head on the bars so added 8" to the height. Can now walk around under it pain free

Attachments

Last edited:

DiverDarrell

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those tires look beefy! Which rims are those? I ask because I have some hutch rims that look like mrap, but have stud centering, with ctis air going through a stud side wall. No hoses and looks to require a special nut. I may make a nut and see if I can get operational or just scrap the ctis as I run higher psi than it puts out.

Last edited:

coachgeo

Those tires look beefy! Which rims are those? I ask because I have some hutch rims that look like mrap, but have stud centering, with ctis air going through a stud side wall. No hoses and looks to require a special nut. I may make a nut and see if I can get operational or just scrap the ctis as I run higher psi than it puts out.
first post seems to say they are "20x11 hutchinson MPT wheels"

wehring

I run vehicles in gumbo mud often. There are a few places on our property that I will only take my tracked toyota or M548 tracked carrier. The LMTV with the AC70 tires, rear locker and aired down to 15psi have made this truck a VERY capable off road rig. These pics are from the areas I only take tracked vehicles. It never spun a tire And they self clean very well. Money well spent

Will post videos to youtube and put the links on here

justin
979 997 3112

Attachments

wehring

Rated for 55 mph and 58 psi. Had to reprogram the CTIS controller to

highway 60 psi
cross country 30 psi
sand / mud 15 psi

wheels are aluminum

ramdough

Rated for 55 mph and 58 psi. Had to reprogram the CTIS controller to

highway 60 psi
cross country 30 psi
sand / mud 15 psi

wheels are aluminum

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How/where did you get the CTIS controller reprogrammed? Cost?

That mud looks deep. The truck looks to be well setup for that.

Does it have stock gears?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wehring

Has fast gear conversion.

i can reprogram the CTIS. Can change over speed values and psi values. Can also trouble shoot and check codes. $125 hr

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks